Ping, Apple's music social network, already plagued with spammers

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 140
    IMHO Companies should be criminally negligent if their software is not secure, and has bugs. Because updates can be released later, and stock value is more based on releasing a flawed product rather than releasing a working product... companies are more apt to fix things post-launch.

If they were criminalized for this (as in the people involved in the decision making are put in jail, and the company fined, as well as a forced recall of the product.) Then we wouldn't have to deal with spammers or buggy software.

Granted this could shut down the software industry, but if one can't release perfect software, they don't deserve to release it at all.

And as for spammers - mark them as terrorists, and throw them in gunatanamo bay along with any ISP found to be allowing their traffic through. SPAM must be stopped, even if it means killing every single person on the planet.
  • Reply 122 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloodycelt View Post

Granted this could shut down the software industry, but if one can't release perfect software, they don't deserve to release it at all.

The most ridiculous statement I've heard recently - you have never developed software have you?
  • Reply 123 of 140
    has a lot of promise. a lot of the artists i listen to are still not on here and i will never follow lady kha-kha. if they can't work things out with facebook at least be able to connect through your web based email address book like google, aim, hotmail, etc. hoping for better over time. here's a suggestion, make mobileme free and build up through the mac.com network.
  • Reply 124 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nkhm View Post

Make a valid point or fuck off.

Please ban this guy.
  • Reply 125 of 140
    nkhmnkhm Posts: 928member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

Please ban this guy.

Please stop trolling FUD. Troll.
  • Reply 126 of 140
    Quote:

<bored, so deleted>

I'm still going to report you. You will be banned!
  • Reply 127 of 140
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

I'm still going to report you. You will be banned!

Funny. Both you and Newtron CONSTANTLY troll in threads. If the mods did their jobs well you two would be on permabans.
  • Reply 128 of 140
    Ping just might be the most useless product that Apple has ever introduced. I tried it out. I will agree that a social network needs "critical mass" before success really comes in. But I see absolutely no purpose to this waste of hard drive space.
  • Reply 129 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Funny. Both you and Newtron CONSTANTLY troll in threads. If the mods did their jobs well you two would be on permabans.

But were not. Because we are not trolls. We provide insight and balance on this forum.

I welcome mr newtons comments. Between the two of us, and possibly more, we'll rid this place of koolaid drinking fanboys and replace the drivel here with informative commentary on all things Apple.
  • Reply 130 of 140
    dumba55tosh has absolutely nothing of value to say. by putting this troll in my ignore list perusing posts is a much more pleasant experience.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

For those who might have missed the ramblings of our two resident misanthropes, I am providing all their postings in this thread so far in one place, for your convenient viewing and troll-feeding.

For those of you ticked off, you know now how some of us feel...... \

• Reply 131 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tubbytee View Post

dumba55tosh has absolutely nothing of value to say. by putting this troll in my ignore list perusing posts is a much more pleasant experience.

Crapintosh! I like that! Gotta make a note of that one.

I have a three day weekend coming up so my presence here will be strong.
  • Reply 132 of 140
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Apple is doing stuff as I've been reading this thread.

Spammers are being banned.

There is a "report comment" function in Ping.

The spammers are useful to latch onto as they provide a good resource of bands to follow.
  • Reply 133 of 140
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    What's Koolaid?

Do they pay you to promote their product?

Are you a spammer for a drink company?

Quote:

But were not. Because we are not trolls. We provide insight and balance on this forum.

I welcome mr newtons comments. Between the two of us, and possibly more, we'll rid this place of koolaid drinking fanboys and replace the drivel here with informative commentary on all things Apple.

• Reply 134 of 140
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nicolbolas View Post

(the last part, was a joke)

...not just the last part.
  • Reply 135 of 140
    Quote:

The worse I've seen from apple is a fortnight for the PDF issue last month. Two weeks isn't all that bad, and from what I heard on line (and we would have heard) this remained unexploited by all except jailbreakme.com.

The worst you seen? New around here are you?

DNS? Ring a bell?
  • Reply 136 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Total BS, Apple always had excellent security measures in all their devices. It's close to impossible to hack into a Mac without getting physical access prior to your hack attempts.

When you give something to public for free, there will be a section to feed/spam on other.
  • Reply 137 of 140
    How do you block these scumbags? They add nothing to the discussion, in fact they detract with their misinformation and poorly argued points.

Never feel sorry for geeks -- they're social outcasts for a reason.
  • Reply 138 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JakeBarnes View Post

How do you block these scumbags? They add nothing to the discussion, in fact they detract with their misinformation and poorly argued points.

Never feel sorry for geeks -- they're social outcasts for a reason.

I'm referring to the dull trollers on this site, not spammers, who are at least out to make money. These jokers Newton and Blackintosh are ignorant people with no lives.

What sad little people.
  • Reply 139 of 140
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

You're the very definition of a troll and I think most people here know it. You're posting history is full of "Aha, I got you to call me a name, you will be reported and BANNED, BANNED I tell you!"

It's unfortunate that we're not a little more vigilant about getting rid of people who never do a single thing but post pissy little barbs at Apple and Apple users (and you have literally never posted anything but), but in the meantime I would urge and remind everyone that the ignore list is your friend.

Depriving people like dickface here (yes, no doubt I will be BANNED) of argument leaves them with nothing but their own company, which is punishment enough.

(Goes to edit ignore list).
  • Reply 140 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post

I just have to laugh; too funny. Welcome to social media Apple!

I can't wait to see within two years a gatecrushing iLife going cloud taking over Facebook for social networking. Of course there is one last thing then...