Problems syncinc, always...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi, I've been an iPhone(4 atm) user for about 1.5 years now so chances that I'm the retard in this matter is quite likely but still.

So... Going somewhere where I think I'll have some spare time so I think to myself hey let's add an episode of some show real quick. Righttttt......gotta convert awesome(waits 10-15 mins) - finally done so I want to sync this little video file and that's it so I add it and I start syncing and it starts like safety copying newly downloaded apps etc etc so I try to close just that, but I'm almost sure it's gonna quit the whole syncing process and it does so I go to uncheck "sync applications" but then it wants to delete every single app I have so no thank you - I go back to syncing and let it do its thing while I do something else meanwhile and once it's done I notice every damn folder I had on the phone is gone and the apps are spread over 5 pages instead of 2....

Is it possible to just have that single little video file you want, synced and nothing else? Why is it such a drag for me to ever sync something?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by conf View Post

...so chances that I'm the retard in this matter is quite likely but still...

Umm maybe you should use some punctuation, spacing and so on in your post so we can understand your issue better.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Umm maybe you should use some punctuation, spacing and so on in your post so we can understand your issue better.

I realized that too cause I wrote it in sort of a hurry but I figured people would understand anyway....guess I was wrong.

Let us say that I am going somewhere where I think I'll have some spare time.....

So I think to myself hey let's add an episode of some show real quick.

Righttttt......gotta convert the video into mp4 etc etc awesome(waits 10-15 mins)

Finally done so I want to sync this little video file and that's it..... So I add it to iTunes and I start syncing and it starts like safety copying newly downloaded apps etc so I try to close just that, but I'm almost sure it's gonna quit the whole syncing process and it does

So then I go to uncheck "sync applications" but then it wants to delete every single app I have and I do not want that.

I go back to syncing and let it do its thing while I do something else meanwhile...

Once it's done I notice every damn folder I had on the phone is gone and the apps are spread out over 5 pages instead of 2....

Is it possible to just have that single video file you want, synced and nothing else? Why is it always such a drag for me to sync something?

Better...? If you would've taken the time you took to post your kind of pointless reply to actually try to read the original post, you would've gotten it too.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Better...? If you would've taken the time you took to post your kind of pointless reply to actually try to read the original post, you would've gotten it too.

Glad you appreciate that I'm the only one that even bothered to reply to your post...

Anyways, the only thing I can think of, particularly if as it sounds you're not using mp4, is to try CineXPlayer or Oplayer apps. You can add videos for these apps to play in iTunes without having to go through the syncing process.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    I'd take the time to reply if I could read that mess. Get a grip on English first, before touching a keyboard.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

I'd take the time to reply if I could read that mess. Get a grip on English first, before touching a keyboard.

Aw that's cute. I might just do that when you get a grip on your reading alright? Loser.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Quote:

Aw that's cute. I might just do that when you get a grip on your reading alright? Loser.

No, you're the losser. I couldn't make heads or tails of what you failed in asking either. And if you are unable to state you question clearly I will not take the time to try to decode it into something intelligible. Besides who says that my decoding is the correct decoding.

Nor does it help to be snarky with the only one who went out their way to help.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aresee View Post

No, you're the losser. I couldn't make heads or tails of what you failed in asking either. And if you are unable to state you question clearly I will not take the time to try to decode it into something intelligible. Besides who says that my decoding is the correct decoding.

Nor does it help to be snarky with the only one who went out their way to help.

Sure I'm a huge losser. I could barely understand what you were saying as well.

What's funny is that I admitted to have been typing in a hurry and therefore admits that I didn't type with a lot of punctuations and what have you so I re-wrote it so that a 5-year-old would get it but you're all still tied up to the very first post and you're all so very cool for ganging up on me
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Insults are against the rules. Refrain from mocking other members unless there is willful, conscious unintelligence occurring.

Quote:

Sure I'm a huge losser. I could barely understand what you were saying as well.

What's funny is that I admitted to have been typing in a hurry and therefore admits that I didn't type with a lot of punctuations and what have you so I re-wrote it so that a 5-year-old would get it but you're all still tied up to the very first post and you're all so very cool for ganging up on me

The lack of punctuation and slang vernacular in your second post continues to detract from the understanding of your question. Please assume that you are asking help from a group of people who know NOTHING of your question. The amount of information that you must then provide will give the clearest picture of what you are asking, and the punctuation required to effectively convey your question will get it answered summarily, as well.

Having said the above (which, in layman's terms, makes fun of both of you in a humorous and socially acceptable way), here's the answer:

If you're buying video media from iTunes, it will already work with iDevices immediately.

If you are converting your own video media (say, via HandBrake), you MUST choose the settings for converting for iPod/iPhone/iPad for them to reliably work on said devices. Otherwise you are forced to reconvert every single file and have double (or triple) the number of identical files in your library.

New question:

I'm asking this, as well, now. Is what I have said the ONLY way to do this? I would personally love for metadata to be editable to allow previously converted MP4 files to play on iDevices without the idiotic iTunes "reconversion". Can someone provide a different way to do this? Thank you.