Best way to get iPad wallpapers from my Mac to my iPad?

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
For the life of me I can't figure out a time-efficient way to do this using even Mobile Me. Someone tell what the best method they found? Thanks.

I want to do it in the most efficient way imaginable. So if I find an iPad wallpaper I like I can get it onto my iPad as a wallpaper is as few steps as possible without using wires.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    You can use any photo in your iPad photo library as iPad wallpaper. When your iPad is connected to your Mac you're automatically sharing the two photo libraries. Just drag the photos you want to use from the Mac to the iPad. Requires a wire. Sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

You can use any photo in your iPad photo library as iPad wallpaper. When your iPad is connected to your Mac you're automatically sharing the two photo libraries. Just drag the photos you want to use from the Mac to the iPad. Requires a wire. Sorry.

I know "that" requires a wire. I mean is there an app that has a companion or a web service that does it better. I'm sure there has to be.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    It's already so easy, I don't know what you mean by "better."
  • Reply 4 of 12
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    I'd suggest using dropbox.

I just tried it and it worked perfectly. Dropped pic I wanted into drop box on my Macbook, and it popped right up on my iPhone where I could save it to my photo library and use it.

The app is free (you get over 2GB free and more if you want to pay) and it really works well. I have it on my work machine, my iPhone and my Mac. It syncs OTA really quickly.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:

It's already so easy, I don't know what you mean by "better."

Get a clue.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Thanks Bancho, just tried Dropbox. It definitely works better than wires or Mobile me for this.

Essentially what I really want though is an app just like Dropbox, but with a menu button called "Use as Wallpaper". This way you can use the app just like the native Photos app, but completely seamlessly and without wires. Having to sync with iPhoto via iTunes by wire for this just isn't practical.

I've yet to see that app.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Do you change your wallpaper that often?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Get a clue.

Get some manners. I try to help, and you are just rude, rude, rude.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

Get some manners. I try to help, and you are just rude, rude, rude.

It's not even wireless. That was what I'm asking.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Do you change your wallpaper that often?

Every few days. I just want a way that if I find an interesting one while on my Mac I can get it onto my iPad without even thinking. Currently it seems like there should be a better way.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Essentially what I really want though is an app just like Dropbox, but with a menu button called "Use as Wallpaper". This way you can use the app just like the native Photos app, but completely seamlessly and without wires. Having to sync with iPhoto via iTunes by wire for this just isn't practical.

Another way to do this.......

Download Pastebot ($1.99??) for the iPad and Pastebot Sync (free) for the mac. Map them together and then copy-paste everything from the mac while running Pastebot. The files should be transferred over WiFi. Then you can save the pics in Photos.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by villageindian View Post

Another way to do this.......

Download Pastebot ($1.99??) for the iPad and Pastebot Sync (free) for the mac. Map them together and then copy-paste everything from the mac while running Pastebot. The files should be transferred over WiFi. Then you can save the pics in Photos.

Pastebot isn't out for the iPad, so I'd have to make do with a less than ideal iPhone version on the iPad, and Pastebot has a button called "save image". What I want is an app with a button called "Use as Wallpaper". Pastebot is no more useful than Dropbox for this purpose. And Dropbox is iPad native.

It might sound like I'm being picky, but I'm not. Testing several photos gets tiring when you have to sync, save them "individually" and then go the Photos app to finally test them. Using Dropbox simplifies the syncing process. And unlike Mobile Me you can simply 'flick' through the files, in this case: photos.

In an ideal world I'd have a menu bar icon like Cloud App that when I drag in a photo is appears in its iPad counterpart and then in the iPad app I can flick through the photos and tap "Use as Wallpaper" just like in Photos app. That's the level of convenience I'm after. It seems currently that doesn't exist. If I had the know-how I'd write the app.