Apple releases iOS 4.1 with Bluetooth, proximity sensor fixes

Comments

• Reply 41 of 130
    onhkaonhka Posts: 1,025member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

Because you are a better person than him?

OK, maybe that one doesn't work in your case. Sorry.

Thought about that for a second.

Apology accepted.
  • Reply 42 of 130
    Anyone having proximity issues on the iphone 4 after installing ver 4.1????
  • Reply 43 of 130
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by super8sean View Post

I haven?t had it since v4.1b3.
  • Reply 44 of 130
    Is HDR worth breaking jailbreak?
  • Reply 45 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by techapocalypse View Post

Just returned from Disney, took many pictures using HDR and the HDR versions were considerably better than the standard. There is a 2 second save delay in HDR mode, I assume because of the additional images it is storing.

Not sure on the jailbreak side, don't jailbreak my phone.
  • Reply 46 of 130
    bagmanbagman Posts: 349member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nkhm View Post

You really should, iTunes 10 is a massive performance increase.

What do you mean by performance increase? Does it still take forever to load, which is a sign of bloatware (at least on my WinXP PC)? Thanks.
  • Reply 47 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by super8sean View Post

It's fixed my issues. Not one mistake on a 40 mins call whereas before it was endless issues. Very happy!
  • Reply 48 of 130
    Quote:

I don't know but it works very well indeed.
  • Reply 49 of 130
    onhkaonhka Posts: 1,025member
    Macworld just published First Look: iOS 4.1

Quote:

Overall, iOS 4.1 is a worthy update that packs both new capabilities as well as improvements to existing features—and all for free, too. With the performance improvements, even iPhone 3G users will find something to like in 4.1. As with most of Apple’s iOS updates, there’s pretty much no reason not to upgrade to the latest version, especially if your device of choice is an iPhone 4 or 3GS.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1539...ook_ios41.html

Somehow, I would take their opinion over many that are posted here.
  • Reply 50 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

Does this ruin jailbroken phones?

If I had to guess, I'd say it fixes them so they are not broken anymore.

Update installed for me with no problems. HDR does appear to make a slight difference in photos, but I haven't given it a proper test yet.

I'm excited to report that Bluetooth has been fixed and my Apple headset works again. It actually works better than before 4.0. Previously, when I placed a call with the headset already connected, I had to manually select Bluetooth from the audio sources. Now if I place a call with the headset already connected, it uses it automatically. Super!
  • Reply 51 of 130
    IT DID NOT FIX A THING!

My proximity sensor is still putting everyone on hold, mute, and dialing numbers in their ear.
  • Reply 52 of 130
    Hmm...downloaded software but said it was corrupted. Trying again.
  • Reply 53 of 130
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member
    Messages still get stuck in the Outbox when e-mailing photos.
  • Reply 54 of 130
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    Quote:

in my opinion, no. but i use aperture and photoshop and can auto-correct stuff with those.
  • Reply 55 of 130
    I am actually angrier now that I have downloaded the update. Sure, my 3g is absolutely faster than it was, but now I truly know just how jacked up 4.0 was for the 3g. HOW could they release something that was so downright terribad for my iPhone?

For those asking if this 4.1 is good for 3g, let me just say, I had to clean myself up after using it for a few. It's like a different phone ... that said this should have NOT happened. Shame on you Apple!
  • Reply 56 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pennywse View Post

I am actually angrier now that I have downloaded the update. Sure, my 3g is absolutely faster than it was, but now I truly know just how jacked up 4.0 was for the 3g. HOW could they release something that was so downright terribad for my iPhone?

For those asking if this 4.1 is good for 3g, let me just say, I had to clean myself up after using it for a few. It's like a different phone ... that said this should have NOT happened. Shame on you Apple!

Just be happy!
  • Reply 57 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I agree. Gamecenter is lacking fun... can't retain other people's email to add friends/competitors. It's a Sadnesscenter.

I don't understand why you felt the need to bring the Microsoft Stores into the discussion.
  • Reply 58 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Please somebody - is it snappy on 3g?

It sure is on my 3G.
  • Reply 59 of 130
    roos24roos24 Posts: 170member
    Clock sync not fixed. Maybe next update...
  • Reply 60 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pennywse View Post

So, you don't like the idea that you were beta testing for a company for a piece of software you got for free?