Apple blunders, no vibration on iPod touch

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bartfat View Post

Actually that was AT&T who changed the terms and conditions. And unfortunately, they have law on their side, b/c it's true once you stop your subscription, you no longer have a contract and they can force you into a new one if you want to subscribe again.

Verizon hasn't followed and Apple had a new product that could not have been included under the contract originally signed. Verizon still has unlimited access for data.

Apple chose to let AT&T change the terms.
  • Reply 22 of 42
    Great. Thanks for instigating another million dollars going to a class action lawyer for getting Apple to agree to give a $10 iTune Gift Certificate to every disgruntled iPod Tough 4th Gen buyer who bothers to send in their post card.
  • Reply 23 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I agree. The guy looks to have been an unmitigated disaster for Apple.

Wasn't he Tim Cook's hire? If yes, that does not inspire a whole lot of confidence either.

Really? Over the past ten years Tim Cook has proven he's one of the best operations guys this planet has ever seen.

You still really need him to "inspire [sic] confidence?"

Sheesh...
  • Reply 24 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

At least no one left the new iPod at the bar. Shows that the marketing team is not very well integrated with the engineers.

You got it. Probably this feature was dropped somewhere in design or production but nobody told marketing, either because they forgot, weren't allowed to, or could not get it through the paper maze in time for the product rollout. This is the price of Apple's (1) a mania for secrecy and (2) success. If you like looking for signs that maybe Apple is growing too quickly for its own good, this kind of screwup is one of them.
  • Reply 25 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

You know that Steve Jobs has previously said that the iPod touch was training wheels for the iPhone? Do you also know that the iPod touch demographics are considerably younger (13-24) than that of the iPhone (25-49)?

You fit the mold.

Except that I'm 52. But I've been told I have the maturity level of a 13 year-old.
  • Reply 26 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

No, no. You don't understand. The iPod does NOT have a vibrator.

So placing a spam message between quotes fools the spam filter?
  • Reply 27 of 42
    ... vibratorgate!

The way the media grills Apple over anything and everything, I would not be surprised if this became a major talking point.

Seriously, Apple looks like it needs to get a few more people in place - their innovation pace is so high, it must be pretty strenuous for every team member. Their progress on Mac OS X 7 is slow - in fact absolutely no noises about what comes after Snow Leopard.

I like the pace Apple is setting, but they need to beef up things wherever required.
  • Reply 28 of 42
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    I'm very angry about this. Apple have promoted FaceTime as a means of communication for deaf people using sign language. Without vibrate alert how are deaf users supposed to know they are receiving a FaceTime call request? Not all deaf people can afford an iPhone, espcially children. Get your f****** act together Apple!
  • Reply 29 of 42
    jnjnjnjnjnjn Posts: 588member
    Who cares.
  • Reply 30 of 42
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

I'm very angry about this. Apple have promoted FaceTime as a means of communication for deaf people using sign language. Without vibrate alert how are deaf users supposed to know they are receiving a FaceTime call request? Not all deaf people can afford an iPhone, espcially children. Get your f****** act together Apple!

Drama queens and trolls. AppleInsider really sucks these days.
  • Reply 31 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I agree. The guy looks to have been an unmitigated disaster for Apple.

Wasn't he Tim Cook's hire? If yes, that does not inspire a whole lot of confidence either.

He was Tim Cooks hire, but he was suggested by the chief engineer (amongst other people), the guy we see on ads, sorry I cant recall his name.
  • Reply 32 of 42
    The girls are going to be very disappointed. And all those apps that allow you to place fake calls to yourself are going to lose a lot of sales.
  • Reply 33 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp;

Drama queens and trolls. AppleInsider really sucks these days.

And watch now how many iPhones apple will be giving to deaf children for the price of an iPod.
  • Reply 34 of 42
    a lot of girls are dissapointed already as witnessed by their frantic posting at AI.
  • Reply 35 of 42
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Deleted
  • Reply 36 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobringer View Post

Really? Over the past ten years Tim Cook has proven he's one of the best operations guys this planet has ever seen.

You still really need him to "inspire [sic] confidence?"

Sheesh...

I was talking about his role as CEO (in Jobs's absence), not COO.

Sheesh.
  • Reply 37 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

It's called FREE SPEACH you asshole! If you don't like it f*** off elsewhere with your stupid comments.

speech <--

don't feed a troll

etc.
  • Reply 38 of 42
    official 720p video resolution is higher than the official still camera images the ipod touch takes. what the hell, apple? really, what the hell.
  • Reply 39 of 42
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Not until they put in the vibration feature.

It would be a great way to know if you girl friend, date, wife was getting a call, but not answering it

Scene opens with a view of a local hot spot (and no I'm not talking about the one in her pants), and several women look very happy and a bit in space. Then they all reach in, and pull out their iPod Touch's and look around the room, at all of the others smiling?

Another scene might be:

"When you are away for a long time, let her know you care, call her on her iPod Touch. She might not answer right away, but she'll be glad you called.

Skip
  • Reply 40 of 42
    jccjcc Posts: 326member
    If you look at the tear-down there's a white plastic placeholder in the corner of the iPod. I bet that's where the vibrator was suppose to go until they decided to yank it at the last minute. It will definitely show up on the next version.

Either that or a GPS module.