Apple manager charged in kickback scheme agrees to protect secrets

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Why would anyone take the word of a crook.

Because in a legal system that relies on due process and the presumption of innocence until someone has been proven guilty in a court of law, rather than the media, that is how things actually work...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I hate gen-Y thirtysomethings.

A 37 year old would actually be Gen-X, and we hate you too.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Just STFU. We have enough idiocy in this forum already.

This is easily the smartest thing posted in this forum.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    [QUOTE=dralith;1713169] A 37 year old would actually be Gen-X, and we hate you too.

He's right on the edge, so I vote to push him into Gen-Y categorization.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 801 View Post

At this level, He should have gotten a second mortgage on his home, bought a business with it, laundered the money though the business, paid off both his mortgages in a year or three, fixed his house, sold it, and repeat, until it was all disposed of. Real estate is the best way to launder in our country.

You speaking out of personal experience?

Honestly, I learned something today. Doing something like that would be very easy from the sounds of it.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    this agreement is between this guy, the Fed Attorney General and Apple so that no apple secrets about how they do business are in the open record so any company could read about and learn about the inside dealings going on at Apple. This is probable as valuable as learning about new product ahead of time.

Apple wants to make sure that any of his specific testimony is not hear in a public court room and does not show up in the public transcript.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I hate gen-Y thirtysomethings.

There are none. The oldest of Gen-Y are 28. All current thirty-somethings are Generation X.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post

There are none. The oldest of Gen-Y are 28. All current thirty-somethings are Generation X.

See above. He's riding the razor's edge.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theAppleMan912 View Post

...they can't do much more apart from making the apple hq a max security prison

AppleMax?
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Why would anyone take the word of a crook.

You're not a crook until convicted. In other words, YOU could be liable for some compensation due to the image loss caused by your words there, since as that man has NOT been convicted, he's not a crook... Fun eh?
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Lock him up and throw away the key. He is a crook that deserves to be jailed for around 15 years with no clemency at all.