Never buy anything from Shoebuy.com

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
They claim to have a money back guarantee but apparently don't honor it.

I ordered a pair of sneakers, wore them for ONE hour and returned them because they were uncomfortable and they refused a refund because they said they were worn and just shipped them back to me! I am not a hovercraft, obviously I have to walk on the floor with them. I complained about it and they still refused. Outrageous.Please order shoes from Zappos.com, they would never pull a stunt like this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I'm very very happy with Zappos. They were sold so look for changes for the worse.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

I'm very very happy with Zappos. They were sold so look for changes for the worse.

Really? They aren't employee owned anymore?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steve666 View Post

Really? They aren't employee owned anymore?

Were they ever? I used to follow the CEO on twitter (boring!) and read that it was sold.

Here we go

Zappos CEO?s Letter to Staff
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Were they ever? I used to follow the CEO on twitter (boring!) and read that it was sold.

Here we go

Zappos CEO?s Letter to Staff

Sold to Amazon, that's not a bad thing. I buy things from Amazon all the time and they give no hassle at all with returns.

>This morning, our board approved and we signed what?s known as a ?definitive agreement?, in which all of the existing shareholders and investors of Zappos (there are over 100) will be exchanging their Zappos stock for Amazon stock<

100 shareholders? I believe he is referring to the employees.

I'm relieved that Amazon bought them and not someone else.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Did you wear the shoes outside? That's usually the deal breaker.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Did you wear the shoes outside? That's usually the deal breaker.

Nope, just wore them around my office.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Zappos even tells you to wear them around the house a bit to see if they fit. Zappos FTW!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Zappos even tells you to wear them around the house a bit to see if they fit. Zappos FTW!

Yup, common sense. Zappos has it, Shoebuy doesn't. I filed a complaint with the BBB, let's see what happens.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Well, the BBB came through for me. I got a full refund plus I don't have to return the sneakers.

So, instead of doing the right thing the first time now they are out the price of the sneakers plus whatever it cost them to ship them back to me.

Justice is served.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleJingleJo View Post

Hmmmm...interested. What about Shoe Mall?

Never tried them. They charge for return shipping with an unworn return policy so I don't know how they would be with returns.

I returned a pair to Zappos last week, worn around the house and they gave me a refund without a hassle.