Microsoft manager claims Kinect will "blow away" iPad sales

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 158
    I don't get it.

Had to google Kinect to find out what this was.

Read the article again.

Still don't get it.
  • Reply 142 of 158
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VdkaShaker View Post

Our hotcakes sell like Mustangs (http://bit.ly/93IioQ)

This is a way for a company to set an expectation of success for their own product, whether it is a direct competitor or not.

Except of course the hotcake manufacturer has not been desperately trying to compete in the sports car market since the Mustang was released...
  • Reply 143 of 158
    Apple (no pun intended) to Orange comparison...
  • Reply 144 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

If he managed the country as successfully as he manages Apple, who cares what pithy adjectives he would use?

Hey! You guys are my "guests"! I give you three hots and a cot.

How can you claim you are not "free"? How many dictionaries have you "written" and "had published"? Unless you have been "elected", like I have, you have no basis to comment on how I do things! Who do you think you are, anyways?

Like I said, it would be a friggin' nightmare.
  • Reply 145 of 158
    Microsoft has a bonus program called MOPS that pays middle managers shovelfuls of cash based on how much press their pronouncements gain in the media. And at the end of the year a winner is declared who won the Most Outrageous Public Statement.
  • Reply 146 of 158
    Are you f**ing kidding me? Is Microsoft so DESPERATE for attention they will compare two products that are in no way shape or form alike?? What the hell is WRONG up there? This reaks of Ballmer big time. What's his email? It was probably his fat assed idea. I'm SO glad I went mac 10 years ago. I'd be embarrased to say I run Window's.....
  • Reply 147 of 158
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

How can you claim you are not "free"? How many dictionaries have you "written" and "had published"? Unless you have been "elected", like I have, you have no basis to comment on how I do things! Who do you think you are, anyways?

I just realized why I don't find your humor funny..... It's because your "serious" posts are so laughable .... there's no way to tell them apart.
  • Reply 148 of 158
    I live in seattle and the microsoft fanboyism is amazing. I remember recently going to an apple store in bellevue wa, a few miles outside of Redmond. As I was walking to the door a saw I little girl pointing to the evil apple store and the mother leaned over and consoled her daughter by telling her there are plans for Microsoft to open a store in the Bellesquare Mall soon, so dont be worried. I was like, what...? Bizarre. I thought it was hilarious. I then went into the store and left the store with my ipad and mbp.
  • Reply 149 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

Emphasis mine!

Love to be picky,. but the proper form is "anyway".

• Reply 150 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by barthrh View Post

I don't see anything wrong with the comparison. If I say the iPad is the best thing since sliced bread, it doesn't imply that I believe that it is in any way a substitute for sliced bread. Perhaps ham, maybe cheese. He's only acknowledging the strong initial sales, for Pete's sake.

Have you been drinking the Redmond water? You have completely misunderstood the points being made here (maybe English isn't your first language). You're taking an idiom and presenting it as a literal statement. My washing machine outperforms your emotional response to hot coffee - is not a valid comparison. Same deal with Microsoft.
  • Reply 151 of 158
    No, buffoon is the correct term for most Microsoft folks.
  • Reply 152 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ecphorizer View Post

Isn't that supposed to be "boffin?"

No, buffoon is the correct term for most Microsoft folks.
  • Reply 153 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SHOBIZ View Post

If it's not Apple then it's garbage - Big surprise on the comments.

Kinect looks like a fun product but comparing it to sales numbers of a completely different product is garbage.
  • Reply 154 of 158
    This just in MSFT says Windows 7 will out sell Toyota, and they're busy congratulating themselves about it.

Unless iPad is a game controller, who cares? Are they pricing it equal to iPad for ease of comparison?
  • Reply 155 of 158
    So, like a lot of others here i read this news release thinking, huh!? At first glance, the comparison seems utterly ridiculous as it has been stated many times the devices are completely different. Even if the comment was simply meant to draw the sales comparison only, I think is wildly ambitious when considering that the iPad was a pretty much completely new concept when it released. I mean you had had the kindle, and the iPod touch which were about the closest things to it, but still different enough to have a drastic impact. I might consider the possibility of this device hitting iPad numbers if the Wii had not already been out for, what, 3 years now at least. How many people, who are truly intrigued by this sort of game play, don't already have a Wii in there house, and if they do then one must ask the question "is this device that much different than the Wii?" I mean enough to justify essentially the cost of another Wii? Don't get me wrong I think this will sell ok, but I don't see this having as wide a target audience as an iPad by any stretch of the imagination. It certainly looks neat and fun, but I don't see any corporation thinking "I need to get one of these out to all my employees in the field". I run into people frequently were the iPad can easily fill a justifiable productivity need, where as this Kinect thing seems to be strictly in the entertainment/health/fitness arena at the moment.
  • Reply 156 of 158
    "Wii too!"
  • Reply 157 of 158
    Besides the fact the statement wasn't well thought out, what's the point of making it?
  • Reply 158 of 158
    Potato chips will outsell razors this holiday season ...

Umbrellas will outsell Lamborghini's ...

Boat anchors will likely outsell Space Shuttle parts sales ...

We're not sure if oranges will outsell apples until we find out how many bowling balls have been sold to those who also purchased tissue paper ...