Love the new layout and logo.

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
see title

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    LOVE the new logo, and i understand the need to generate income, but i can't look at your site without flashblocker on
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Agree. Much nicer home page.

Good work!
  • Reply 3 of 12
    agreed + ditto about the ads
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Looks nice, but personally I prefer not to see the price of AAPL on every page.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Pretty... but...

(there had to be a but right?)

The new layout wastes a ton of valuable screen real estate. The top most region of every page is valuable and should not be squandered with massive regions of monochrome background. It isn't even being used as "white space" in a design sense. It is just squandered space.

Oh, and I too don't need to see the APPL stock price on every page, or even at all. Get rid of that stock readout entirely.

Keep up the good work though! I really appreciate this site.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Pretty... but...

(there had to be a but right?)

The new layout wastes a ton of valuable screen real estate. The top most region of every page is valuable and should not be squandered with massive regions of monochrome background. It isn't even being used as "white space" in a design sense. It is just squandered space.

Oh, and I too don't need to see the APPL stock price on every page, or even at all. Get rid of that stock readout entirely.

Keep up the good work though! I really appreciate this site.

I agree that it doesn't use the real estate as efficiently as it could, I do love the stock ticker on the forums now.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I agree that it doesn't use the real estate as efficiently as it could, I do love the stock ticker on the forums now.

It feeds my compulsion to know the AAPL share price on a moment-by-moment basis, which I'd worked so hard to overcome.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Reminds me of the new iTunes 10 look actually. I like it well done
  • Reply 9 of 12
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    Appleinsider looking better. Finally. I guess lots of people would have their say if the design was radically changed. Subtle but nice.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    wow, how long has it been? 10 years?

and now, you've swapped out the logo and menu bar. sorry, not impressed. it looks like you had a budget of approx. $100 and hired a highschool grad.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    I like it. More modern, but subtle. Simplicity wins me over every time. Less is more.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    I like it too, still simple and easy on the eyes. No need for excessive bloated features. I just wish the ads were more static.

I also like how you kept the stock symbol. Keep up the good work.