Apple's iOS holds strong as Android's enterprise presence surges

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

Current headlines scream that Android Enterprise Presence is Surging.

• Reply 42 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

Well, if your company's mobile phone contract is with Verizon or Sprint, you don't really have much of a choice, do you? Sure, they could still open it up to an iPhone if you go get one yourself. But at least at my company you have to chose from the providers available devices if you want the company to pay your monthly bill. Let's see these stats but only including companies who have ATT as their provider.

Yet another reason Apple needs to get a CDMA phone on the streets.

From what I hear, most corporate accounts (even BlackBerry ones) are on AT&T. Perhaps this is why the BlackBerry Torch got the AT&T-exclusive launch. Hence iPhone is on the right network if it wants mass enterprise support.

It's not that CDMA is dead. It's just that CDMA doesn't officially exist to many companies.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

128%

Yes I noticed that to. The percentage market share in the bar chart for Aug 2010 add up to 128%. Unless I am missing something this survey is completely useless.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roehlstation View Post

And this is based on what?

That it hasn't grown by much, and that's called stagnation
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Yes, but Blackberry has been running TV commercials during prime time with actors portraying ordinary users proclaiming how much they "love" their BBM. There's no corporate sales message in those ads whatsoever. I think RIM is trying to grow their share of the consumer market.

I have a friend who is a Research Associate for Pacific-Crest, an investment bank in Portland, OR. They cover RIM and he said in a conference call with RIM's CEO, the CEO sounded very defensive when asked about their plans for the consumer market.

RIM is dying, simple as that. RIM's style was effective when the only people who had smartphones were business professionals. Blackberry phones simply aren't consumer-oriented phones. Frankly, I don't know very many people who actually like their BlackBerry. I bet that a lot of them use it because their employer gives them that phone.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vvswarup View Post

I have a friend who is a Research Associate for Pacific-Crest, an investment bank in Portland, OR. They cover RIM and he said in a conference call with RIM's CEO, the CEO sounded very defensive when asked about their plans for the consumer market.

RIM is dying, simple as that.

It's sad to think that BlackBerry as a company is like that. From what I read (I don't own any smartphone), BBM is the best way to text message and communicate with other people, if you're into texting, like teens and young adults are. If they intentionally marketed BB and BBM to teens, then they'd have a real shot in the consumer market.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Am I the only one that get's a little sad at how often Newtron is the first one to post in a new thread? I wish we could stop this. Can't someone give the poor man a job?

Is it right to assume that someone who posts like a child is, in actual fact, a man?

Here Newtron, I'll save you the trouble .... (Newbee .. <plonk>)
  • Reply 48 of 48
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    . . .