Saving iPhone app data??

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi,

I've had my iPhone 3 for a couple of years but because the apps stopped syncing with my MacBook (everything else synced fine), I was buying then through the phone and using them without being able to sync. I bought my iPhone 4 yesterday and want to start syncing properly again. Thanks to hill60 I've transferred the iPhone bought apps to the laptop, but am desperately hoping there is some way to transfer the app data (mainly productivity apps, so the loss would be very painful and take ages to re-enter) onto the MacBook before fully setting up the new phone?

Please help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    You problem is that you never fixed the syncing problem, and instead used a work-around. Now it's time to fix the syncing problem. Either you have a defective iPhone, or you have defective software on your MacBook. Fix that and you're done. Don't fix that and perhaps your app data is gone forever.

I suppose you could JB your iPhone and copy the app data over manually, but that's beyond my technical skill. There's no other way.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You problem is that you never fixed the syncing problem, and instead used a work-around. Now it's time to fix the syncing problem. Either you have a defective iPhone, or you have defective software on your MacBook. Fix that and you're done. Don't fix that and perhaps your app data is gone forever.

I suppose you could JB your iPhone and copy the app data over manually, but that's beyond my technical skill. There's no other way.

Thanks for this - I don't know where the original problem was and have no idea about JBing - a lesson learned...