Thousands line up for China iPhone 4 launch

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

He?s being ironic.

There is some newer finds from Portugal that may show a successful breeding between Homo sapiens sapiens and Homo sapiens neanderthalensis.
    This is a only a few thousand years after the last known Neanderthals are to have existed, and could mean that H. sapiens and H. neanderthelenisnot only copulated (as that is beyond likely) but that they had successful parings that resulting in offspring, even if it was rare and the pairing were only successful when the mother was H. sapiens (as mDNA is passed from the mother and thus would have been discovered in DNA tests years ago). Even if that is the case, having the offspring be non-sterile would be the next step before we could determine the origin of our species. At least, that is how I understand it.

Where were you born?

• Reply 62 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GregoriusM View Post

More than a thousand in line is a GREAT number! There may be 1.3 Billion people, but they don't all live down the block from this particular Apple Store.

So, 1000+ people is fantastic.

If you can fart the Star Spangled Banner, you can easily get a crowd of 1 million in washington DC-- 'course 90 percent of these are Government Union workers hired under the stimulus, earning high 5-figure incomes to attend crowd events!

• Reply 63 of 70
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Where were you born?

Is your next question my Mother?s maiden name?
  • Reply 64 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

For the record in field test mode I'm seeing a 25 db(M?) drop when bridging the antenna with palm or thumb. No dropped calls or total loss of signal, except in an area where the signal is very low. In such an area previously my 3GS would lose signal completely, un-deathgripped though the iPhone4 can hold a 3G signal at one bar in that location (storeroom of a retail shop in a mall). It is able to load 3G data as well.

Blah blah etc.!

It's still a flawed design. In my house with the my 3g I had -100 I went to the iPhone 4 and I was (with no case at -135). With a case I was at - 128.

I switched to the Droid X and changed carriers. I'm at -84. My battery life using GolfShot GPS App left me at 40% battery life after the golf round.

The Droid X on Android OS 2.2 was 82%.

You can try as much as you want to convince yourself and others that you didn't purchase a flawed design, then you deserve the iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7 and then just give AT&T and Steve Jobs your soul, because you are that ignorant.

Dirk.
  • Reply 65 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Is your next question my Mother’s maiden name?

I'd guess it's why do you you haunt this forum with irrelevant information but maybe he's trying to find out why you try and portray yourself as a world traveler when it's obvious you have nothing but Wikipedia and the Internet to craft your stories.

Just change your signature to Gay (by your signatures), want to be world traveler that loves to belittle people. Keep that one. It portrays your responses and replies perfectly.

You should probably add alcoholic as you do seem to have problems with typing and being cohesive to the response you are replying to.

Just a polite observation.
  • Reply 66 of 70
    Why is the chinese consumers being charged much more money than other people that are buying this i phone 4? What gives with this?
  • Reply 67 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gerald apple View Post

Why is the chinese consumers being charged much more money than other people that are buying this i phone 4? What gives with this?

Does China have tariffs on buying foreign goods? Many countries have pretty high fees for such things to keep as much money as they can in the country.
  • Reply 68 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ezduzit View Post

suggest you go back to bed and stop wasting forum space with moronic statements.

when you grow up you will realize that money talks and bs walks. it seems that the public has spoken and your treatise is just a personal fantasy.

btw, what name did you post on prior to this one or are you on everybody's ignore list?

Are you kidding? For a first post, his (hers?) is just about the funniest I've ever read here. Huge laughs!
  • Reply 69 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Are you kidding? For a first post, his (hers?) is just about the funniest I've ever read here. Huge laughs!

That?s the problem with the trolls. They can ruin it for new posters. In defense of ezduzit and others, clydor?s post was very satirical (which isn?t obvious at first) and very poorly formatted like certain ilk so I can see how the irony could get lost.
  • Reply 70 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism;

That?s the problem with the trolls. They can ruin it for new posters. In defense of ezduzit and others, clydor?s post was very satirical (which isn?t obvious at first) and very poorly formatted like certain ilk so I can see how the irony could get lost.

OmFG I just went back to read clydor's post and it is AWESOME!