Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    My tv is getting closer.

Sep 28, 2010 10:52 AM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK

Sep 29, 2010 4:25 AM At dest sort facility KENNER, LA

• Reply 22 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hessml View Post

I guess I'm just an optimist but I thought with the new remote that the iPad/iPhone/iPod would become an AirPlay device. Did I miss something or is Apple still not streaming media from my desktop to my iP.* ?

As in you want to stream from your desktop to your iPad/iPhone/iPod? No, that's not the job of the Remote app. That functionality will hopefully come at some point, although I can't say that I miss it much. I expect that it will show up as a feature in the iPod and Videos apps where you currently consume content, its just that it'll give you access to your desktop's library as well.

Remote is for controlling your desktop's iTunes & the AppleTV.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    I just installed the new version for my iPhone 4.

One problem though: When browsing the artists in my iTunes library from the Remote app, every artist is listed under "123". So I can't quickly advance down the list. I either have to endlessly scroll to get to the bottom or search for a specific artist.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapporobabyrtrns View Post

For all the Apple TV guys:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/art...-tv-2-for-now/

Looking at the comments, I don't think his readers are listening to him.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hessml View Post

I guess I'm just an optimist but I thought with the new remote that the iPad/iPhone/iPod would become an AirPlay device. Did I miss something or is Apple still not streaming media from my desktop to my iP.* ?

I think you'll have to wait for 4.2. In the meantime, check out Air Video. Streams video content from your desktop (and over the internets) quite happily. Will also re-encode non-H264 stuff on the fly too.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    The one huge lacking feature is that you have no control of the internet radio stations via the iPod app. You can pause the music once you start it from the computer, but you can't change stations or start internet radio playback from the remote.

Why the heck not????
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Just a little aside: Judging from those screenshots, the desktop iTunes/iPod iPad app UI has been outdone by the remote app. Is there a reason they all have completely different controls? I know iTunes had just been a constant finger up to the Human Interface Guidelines, but it must be the same guys who make the fugly iPod app, and some other fellows who make the remote (still just one guy?).

On a related note, any reason the iPod app on iPad isn't just iTunes? Could quite easily spin around for store a la iBooks, and including shuffle/repeat/smart playlist buttons would hardly hurt. It's a bit of a slap in the face that Remote is a better iTunes than uh... iPod. These words have become meaningless.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    It looks very nice!
  • Reply 29 of 29
    With tv, Apple has created the platform that is going to rule home entertainment.

There will be IOS updates and apps that I can't imagine, but Steve Jobs can and he will implement them.

For now I am thrilled to be receiving my own tv, it's due to arrive tomorrow.