An inside look: Adobe's upcoming Acrobat 9 Pro for Mac

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    The main thing that Acrobat has over Preview is its forms capabilities. Yes, Preview in Leopard supports basic forms but some government forms you fill in within Acrobat and then electronically submit while within Acrobat. Quite neat actually.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    trboydentrboyden Posts: 165member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Hey...the "insider" in the name ain't there for just show.

Just saying, there is a difference in reporting rumors and blantantly posting legally protected material, just ask ThinkSecret.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akac View Post

The main thing that Acrobat has over Preview is its forms capabilities. Yes, Preview in Leopard supports basic forms but some government forms you fill in within Acrobat and then electronically submit while within Acrobat. Quite neat actually.

I still think Apple needs to direct Filemaker to pursue a Forms strategy of its own.

Imagine having a Filemaker layout generate a PDF form that can be filled out in Preview/Acrobat, then emailed back. Then it is dragged into and automatically added to the database. No typing required. That would be cool.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trboyden View Post

Just saying, there is a difference in reporting rumors and blantantly posting legally protected material, just ask ThinkSecret.

What secrets are we talking about?

The ones that are in the publicly available beta downloads of these programs? Or from what was said in the publicly available info from the CS4 Summit?
  • Reply 25 of 28
    kart mankart man Posts: 1member
    Please tell me if I am mistaken, but I think this is the first time that you can use the Mac version of Acrobat to create the forms. This function was only allowed on the PC version before.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KART Man View Post

Please tell me if I am mistaken, but I think this is the first time that you can use the Mac version of Acrobat to create the forms. This function was only allowed on the PC version before.

The ability to create forms on a Mac has been around for ages.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    I don't find any reason why Adobe has to issue a seperate version for Acrobat Macintosh users. Adobe Acrobat Reader is really leading the competition of the Best pdf readers by offering a long list of services with a rich user interface, which improves in every new version. But, the launching time of Acrobat reader could be considered as one of its major down-side.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    This will make searching for academic or business related PDF's far more powerful. At Microstat we use OCR in document scanning, converting from physical paper form to PDF. We find OCR to be highly sophisticated technology. We can even use OCR to covert technical manuals to a digital format and store it on our Document Management Software, reducing storage and search costs. Bieng able to interact with these Documents on an I Pad is a welcome advancement. <a href="http://www.microstat.co.uk">Document Scanning Services</a>