IBM and the Holocaust

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am reading a very interesting book examining the role IBM played in facilating the death of 6 million people and the torture of million of other people.

Unlike the other I do not think that IBM is the only culprit there were many factors and one of the them was the role the pope Pius XII played in the execution of 250,000 Roman Jews.

I find it very interesting the psychology of evil then and now. And whatever we do we cannot keep people from hating others it is just a matter of degrees.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    I'm reading a couple of books on the same topic,The Blond Beast and The Secret War Against The Jews,both about the collusion of certain leaders of the American industrial and financial complex with Nazi Germany.It seems to be an area of American history that no one wants to talk about.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    the nazi's had a lot of support from corporations world wide. they were efficient and productive.

i remember there was a big stink about the founder of the IKEA corp., turns out he had been a vocal supporter of the Nazis.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    I've read the same book and found the author's argument very weak... Anybody have the scoop on Henry Ford and Charles Lindberg? I've seen a few books that indicate they were against the jews and possibly supporting Hitler.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Not this again When does the lawsuit go to court? How much money do you think the lawyers can get for themselves?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent:

<strong>I've read the same book and found the author's argument very weak... Anybody have the scoop on Henry Ford and Charles Lindberg? I've seen a few books that indicate they were against the jews and possibly supporting Hitler.</strong><hr></blockquote>

didn't Ford manufacture most of American military vehicles for the war?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    Ford was an ardent believer in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion,a bogus anti-semetic document.He published his own hate document called The International Jew in the early 1920's.He later publicly retracted and apologized for his anti-Semetic statements.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    I think applenut was aluding to the fact that ford had a vested intrest in the continuation of the war, which is why he may have funded the nazi's along with any anti-semetic feelings he may have had...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>I think applenut was aluding to the fact that ford had a vested intrest in the continuation of the war, which is why he may have funded the nazi's along with any anti-semetic feelings he may have had...</strong><hr></blockquote>

This is interesting. Some years ago I read a story where FDR could have ended the war sooner but decided not to because of the economy.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent:

<strong>

This is interesting. Some years ago I read a story where FDR could have ended the war sooner but decided not to because of the economy.</strong><hr></blockquote>