• Reply 21 of 70
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

You are an idiot.

• Reply 22 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I got banned for this once before, but I'm gonna say it again because I believe I'm right.

If you have something to say to me, say it. Don't stand behind someone else and piggyback off of their insult. Be a man. Say it to my face.
  • Reply 23 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tomlawler View Post

You've made a good point here: back in 2007, Apple approached Verizon to offer the iPhone. When Verizon understood Apple would control the user experience itself, Verizon said no. When Google approached Verizon to offer Android-think open-well, Verizon salivated. Verizon wants to control the user experience. So, if and when CDMA iPhones appear, we shouldn't think Verizon. There are a half dozen very decent carriers throughout the world willing to let Apple control the user experience. There are dozens of big and small carriers all over the world who've agreed to the situation, and are doing well for it. Verizon will end up being the exclusive non-iPhone-carrier in the USA next year. But they will have Android.

The android platform is still open....are you really that slow? That's not controlling the user experience. I have no bloatware on my Droid. It's easy to get rid off if you do, just like HACKING your iphone except it's legal. Get your facts straight. Remember in 2007, Apple wasn't so cool with this nor third party's making their own apps....Until it was a obviously profitable.....

• Reply 24 of 70
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

Blacks only my friend.

Once you go Blackintosh, you never post worthwhile commentary again.

Er, go back.

Right, that was what I meant. heh.
  • Reply 25 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

Once you go Blackintosh, you never post worthwhile commentary again. Er, go back. Right, that was what I meant. heh.

I assume you mean "you go" like "you go girl!!" except I may or may not be a girl. Thank you for your support. I could use it. I just innocently state my opinion here and get attacked by certain people. It's guys (or girls) like you that keep me going. Just when I feel like never coming here again, I read a incoherent post like yours and I know someone here loves me.
  • Reply 26 of 70
    storneostorneo Posts: 101member
    Quote:

Get rid of the iPad.

This statement makes you an idiot. iPad sales have been projected to hit 28 million by 2011! You have NO clue about anything.

Quote:

Yeah, who's opinion counts here? MINE!

• Reply 27 of 70
    Quote:

I assume you mean "you go" like "you go girl!!" except I may or may not be a girl. Thank you for your support. I could use it. I just innocently state my opinion here and get attacked by certain people. It's guys (or girls) like you that keep me going. Just when I feel like never coming here again, I read a incoherent post like yours and I know someone here loves me.

You said blacks only, so I twisted the "once you go black you don't go back" line to poke fun at the history you have with posting here on AI and how many people don't like the things you post or think they make any sense.

Personally I could care less, I'm just a smart ass and bored at work Oh, BTW, wife and 2 kids, I'm a guy
  • Reply 28 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theobold View Post

The android platform is still open....are you really that slow? That's not controlling the user experience. I have no bloatware on my Droid. It's easy to get rid off if you do, just like HACKING your iphone except it's legal. Get your facts straight. Remember in 2007, Apple wasn't so cool with this nor third party's making their own apps....Until it was a obviously profitable.....

You are correct. Everyone complaining about he Android phones here haven't seen them, or haven't seen one in a long time...

Fanboys tend to learn Fanboyisms like "Fragmented" and "Clunky"... I said it before and I'll say it again, they are BOTH (Droid and iPhone) fine products. The nonsense you hear spouted here is just fanboys feeling the need to insult every product without an Apple logo on it.

And Jobs NEVER NEVER wanted an App store. NEVER. He 1st insulted the developers with his "SWEET SOLUTION" of WebApps, and then when he saw how well the Jailbreak community was doing he decided that he would issue a SDK and the App store... That's the facts.

I like Apple products as much as the next guy, but lets try to be somewhat realistic and rational here.
  • Reply 29 of 70
    noirdesirnoirdesir Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theobold View Post

The android platform is still open....are you really that slow? That's not controlling the user experience. I have no bloatware on my Droid. It's easy to get rid off if you do, just like HACKING your iphone except it's legal.

Since when is hacking your iPhone illegal?
  • Reply 30 of 70
    I predict that the current time is 5:00 PM. Eventually, I will be right.

Seriously, Verizon and Sprint are in a heap of trouble. All of the latest smart phones are going the GSM route first.....this is the global standard (Windows Mobile 7 is next week).

This is why Verizon and Sprint are frantically building out their 4G Nets. CDMA is dead. At least Verizon is choosing a global standard (LTE). Sprint is going south with Wimax. Try convincing Apple, Microsoft, etc to build a Wimax model.
  • Reply 31 of 70
    For the life of me I don't understand why folks think only "Verizon" when they hear a CDMA iPhone is coming? Without breaching an NDA, as a tech consultant I personally met with Verizon Mobile engineering teams for a project a few weeks ago and the consistent company line was "...hate Apple. We're in bed with Google." My visit revealed Verizon folks are also enamored with BREW for some odd reason...(?) But this nearly confirms my well-educated hunch that Sprint will be the first CDMA iPhone purveyor for sure, with a possible T-Mobile rollout (GSM) in the same quarter of 2011.
  • Reply 32 of 70
    doroteadorotea Posts: 323member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

When the WSJ is reporting that people were "told by Apple" it would be hard for AI not to run the story. You don't have to read it though.

Would have been nice to have something a little more concrete...

If Apple builds a CDMA Verizon compatible iPhone, that does not mean Verizon will sell it. The article just says it is CDMA. This phone could be destined for China!
  • Reply 33 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by engineworks View Post

For the life of me I don't understand why folks think only "Verizon" when they hear a CDMA iPhone is coming? Without breaching an NDA, as a tech consultant I personally met with Verizon Mobile engineering teams for a project a few weeks ago and the consistent company line was "...hate Apple. We're in bed with Google." My visit revealed Verizon folks are also enamored with BREW for some odd reason...(?) But this nearly confirms my well-educated hunch that Sprint will be the first CDMA iPhone purveyor for sure, with a possible T-Mobile rollout (GSM) in the same quarter of 2011.

I don't think Sprint will do anything with an iPhone since they are clearly going in a different direction with 4G. Apple would have to manufacture a CDMA phone with WiMax capabiities. Verizon and ATT are going the same LTE path.

Nothing is off the table, but I think that's a reason why they won't go with Sprint.
  • Reply 34 of 70
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,960member
    Quote:

Don't stand behind someone else and piggyback off of their insult. Be a man. Say it to my face.

Maybe he doesn't want to give you any more air time. I know I don't. Besides, if you were a real "man" you'd use your own name and not hide behind an alias.
  • Reply 35 of 70
    The WSJ (and others) are also reporting that Verizon plans to offer LTE capability in 30+ cities early in 2011. Would make more sense for Apple to make an LTE capable iPhone, CDMA really has no future upside.
  • Reply 36 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChickenHawk View Post

Dear WSJ

the Verizon iPhone will be released on Feburuary 29 2011.

Can I please have my consultancy fee now?

Good call on the date.
  • Reply 37 of 70
    bartbuzzbartbuzz Posts: 131member
    One day the WSJ will be right. Let's hope this rumor is it. But I was really hoping for a January release date. \
  • Reply 38 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChickenHawk View Post

Dear WSJ

the Verizon iPhone will be released on Feburuary 29 2011.

Can I please have my consultancy fee now?

Accuracy like this is bordering on Shaw Wu levels. I'd be willing to hire you and pay you 5 Bajillion dollars a year to keep giving us predictions that are as accurate as this one clearly is.

• Reply 39 of 70
    2 cents2 cents Posts: 307member
    I don't know if or when verizon will get the iPhone but I guarantee you this: verizon will never control the software or apps in any way. If they want a gps service or whatnot, they are going to have to compete with app developers on an even field for that coin. At least as long as Jobs is in charge.

And I reiterate from previous threads, verizon needs apple--not the other way around. Think world market and devices (plural). Look at apple's recent drives into developing markets ouside the US. Now imagine how many markets around the world as yet remain virtually untapped. Now think of apple's potential growth in these markets. How does it look? Pretty damn good, I'd say. Verizon's potential growth in these markets? Not so much.

As plain as the nose on Karl Malden's face, you will see quite clearly that apple is poised for huge international growth. The sky's the limit. In short order, verizon's demands on apple will be no more annoying than a single fly at a kingly feast. Mr. Jobs says SWAT!
  • Reply 40 of 70
    shadashshadash Posts: 470member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgl323 View Post

Oh look, it?s this rumor again.. If this is true, then that means Verizon caved in to the demands of Apple. Which I call bullsh*t because both companies are control freaks.

Yeah, the WSJ is known for printing unreliable BS.