appstore policy question

is1is1
Posted:
in iPhone edited April 2014
hi,

i`d like to upload an application which involves users playing games online through the app for money.

i`d like the payment from and to the user to be done via credit card they supply me and not through inapp purchase or something which involves paying a cut to apple.

my questions are:

- does the appstore permit an application which involves the users winning money from games?

- does the appstore permit to collect money directly from the users without going through the appstore?

thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    No.

No.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    is1is1 Posts: 6member
    thanks for the response.

can u elaborate on that.

why would they prohibit that?

they do allow applications to sell content.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by is1 View Post

why would they prohibit that?

It's Apple.

Quote:

they do allow applications to sell content.

In what way? In-App Purchases? Done through Apple.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    i see.. u`ve got a point//

but still it seem pretty strange considering all the commerce shops that would probably like to make use of the iphone and cant give 30% of their income to apple.

but if that is the case another question.

can Apple in the authorization process or afterwards identify that the user is paying for games or content if the payment process is performed in a web view in the application?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Just stop. You're not going to be able to do this. Yes, they can tell. Yes, if they approve it with one of these methods inside, it will be taken down once they find out. Just either do it their way or not at all.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Just stop. You're not going to be able to do this. Yes, they can tell. Yes, if they approve it with one of these methods inside, it will be taken down once they find out. Just either do it their way or not at all.

i see.. another method then

if the whole registration and payment process is done via a web page on the internetgiving the user credits in the iphone application to play games, would that also be prohibited by apple? and even if so can they find out?.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    in addition some of the carriers at least in Israel have application which are not charged through the appstore but through your monthly cell bill.

isnt that also a violation?
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Different countries have different rules.

Have you considered asking Apple what they think of your plan? You'd probably get a more accurate answer from them than from us.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    i dont think the appstore has different policies in regard to payment method between countries.

in any case i found a few applications which enable the user to buy things(clothes) by entering and using their credit card not through the appstore. for example ZARA(for iphone) and guilt(for ipad).

i`ll also write a query to apple about the issue.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by is1 View Post

i`ll also write a query to apple about the issue.

Good idea! ... however... if you are not a registered developer, don't expect a response. You MIGHT get one, but don't EXPECT it. (They just get too many requests to respond to everyone.)
  • Reply 11 of 11