Women Drivers...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Driving to work this morning on the Interstate, I looked over to my left and noticed a woman in a brand new Mustang. She was doing about 70 miles per hour, and she had her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner!

I looked away for a couple seconds, and when I looked back she was halfway over in my lane, still working on that dang makeup!!!

It scared me so bad I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the donut out of my other hand. In all the confusion of trying to control the car by using my knees against the steering wheel, my cell phone slipped from between my shoulder and ear, fell into the coffee cup between my legs, and disconnected an important phone call!

Damn women drivers!!!

(Stole it from <a href="http://www.madblast.com/view.cfm?type=Show&display=1041"; target="_blank">Madblast.com</a>)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    lol.

However you skipped over the most dangerous drivers on the road. No, not 16yr olds... Soccer Moms. Be afraid, be very afraid.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    My mom is probably one of the best drivers I have ever seen. Pretty impressive.

So it's not all women
  • Reply 3 of 23
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    &lt;whiney voice&gt;"My mom is better then your mom!"&lt;/whiney voice&gt;

no really, she is...
  • Reply 4 of 23
    doubt it
  • Reply 5 of 23
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    well my moms one of the worst drivers ul see. shes dangerous. im scared whenever i go w/ her anywhere. w/out her glasses, shes legally blind, but she insists she doesnt need them. one time goin down the street she almost hit this old man walking along the side. and when i pointed it out, she responds, "what man?"

but i agree...suburban moms are the worst and most dangerous drivers in the world.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    The worst drivers are old people. I saw an old man in a very old thunderbird 1) drive onto an off-ramp from the street...facing oncoming traffic...2) reverse, then continue down the wrong side of the road.

The second worst group of drivers = newly licensed teenage girls...or unlicensed in the case of one of my sister's friends. In high school, I saw a girl get a Nissan Pathfinder for a birthday present after classes, complete with giant bow/ribbon. The next day, the van shuttle driver that picks us up from off-campus parking lot decided to take a detour to show us something...the pathfinder totaled...in a ditch, with a telephone poll where the engine should have been.

This thread also reminds me of regional driving observations.

People in the bay area are better drivers than people in SoCal...but there are much less courteous.

Whereas in SoCal, I once witnessed a woman get lost in a parking space. It would be tough to explain...
  • Reply 7 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>My mom is probably one of the best drivers I have ever seen. Pretty impressive.

So it's not all women </strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, *my* mom has never gotten a ticket! How many has your mom gotten?

However, my dad once got a ticket for passing a dump truck that was going 10 MPH . And the only other person around was a Cop. Ridiculous. This was in my neighborhood, where at the time there were virtually no homes around except ours.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by graphiteman:

<strong>

Well, *my* mom has never gotten a ticket! How many has your mom gotten?

.</strong><hr></blockquote>

well, I don't see what that has to do with being a good driver but she has definitely gotten a few for various reasons (taillights, speeding, parking, etc.) who doesn't
  • Reply 9 of 23
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    I've never quite understood the need for women to HAVE a drivers license.

For what do they need to leave the house to such a great distance that it requires driving their own car?

Baffles me.

• Reply 10 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

who doesn't</strong><hr></blockquote>

i havent!
  • Reply 11 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by JRC:

<strong>I've never quite understood the need for women to HAVE a drivers license.

For what do they need to leave the house to such a great distance that it requires driving their own car?

Baffles me.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

i think women should automatically be required to take a second drivers test, to make up fer their incompetence.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    Hey, my Mom is a damn good driver. We used to have a buddy that drag raced, when I was little. I remember once, he let my mom drive his GTO in a fun run. He warned her that the gears were close. Well, the light turned green and the GTO starts hauling ass - backwards.

Afterwards she said her first thought was, "damn, that other car is fast - it's blowing right past me!".

Luckily no one got hurt.

Other than that, she is a pretty damn good driver.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    According to the French Assurance's statistic about car accident, women have more accidents than men, but men have more dangerous accident.

I will add that young women are better drivers than the olders ones, because they drive more often. Many old women where driving very few, because their husbands did not let her to do.

Personnaly my father is a better driver than my Mom, but my wife is a pretty good driver : when we do a long travel i like to let her driving while i am asleep.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    [quote]Originally posted by _ alliance _:

<strong>

i havent! </strong><hr></blockquote>

You will.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Aside from reaction time and general neural connectivity, which are impaired with age, I;ve noticed that driving ability has a lot to do with general mechanical awareness. People who can't program their VCR's, I've noticed, can't drive cars either.

General mechanical awareness tends to be a characteristic found very commonly in males, and not so commonly in females. I have no proof or theory, just personal experience, but that's good enough for me.

The other thing is that drivers with manuals tend to pay a lot more attention on the road. If people prone to bad driving got manuals, I think a lot fewer accidents would occur. (that is, once they figure out how to operate the car)
  • Reply 16 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by CosmoNut:

<strong>

You will. </strong><hr></blockquote>

i was joking. if u knew me at all or heard my stories, ud know that cops love me.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by Splinemodel:

<strong>Aside from reaction time and general neural connectivity, which are impaired with age, I;ve noticed that driving ability has a lot to do with general mechanical awareness. People who can't program their VCR's, I've noticed, can't drive cars either.

General mechanical awareness tends to be a characteristic found very commonly in males, and not so commonly in females. I have no proof or theory, just personal experience, but that's good enough for me.

The other thing is that drivers with manuals tend to pay a lot more attention on the road. If people prone to bad driving got manuals, I think a lot fewer accidents would occur. (that is, once they figure out how to operate the car)</strong><hr></blockquote>

good points.

seconded.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    Splinemodel,

I actually read part of an article once that sort of made the same case.

(going from memory here)

It sort of talked about how men usually like mechanical 'stuff' better, ie. videogames, guns, elevators what have you. I really don't recall much of the article, but just wanted to point out that research, into what you're saying, has actually been done.

That isn't to say that women can't be good at those things, they just usually don't prefer stuff like that.

Probably something out there on the net that google could dig up, if one were so inclined.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    My wife is an OK driver.

My mom is a SLOW driver.

I think the point is, it's rare to see a GREAT woman driver... VERY rare.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    My mom is a pretty damn good driver even now, but when she was younger, she used to do some sport racing -- mostly autocrossing and rally, but some other events too. I wish I had some film of my mom spinning around a little track in an MG or a Triumph... my dad too, for that matter.