Apple to hold special 'Back to the Mac' event on October 20th

191011121315»

Comments

• Reply 281 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

They could put all the major components behind the monitor. it?s not like the MBA components are very big or heavy so they could all fit in the display?s section. The other half could basically be the keyboard and trackpad and that could be very, very thin in comparison.

Neither of these seem likely to me, but whatever they do there will tradeoffs.

The problem with this is the monitor then carries all the weight. It'll fall over all the time.
  • Reply 282 of 291
    Had an epiphany about the whole iDVD thing. Yes, they merge it into iMove (which has been discussed). What hasn't been mentioned is the how. Think of it like this, a DVD is nothing more than a collection of videos/scenes. Now, in iMove you have a your Project Library. Inside there there there are DVD Projects. You just drag the movie/clip into the project as a segment. Then by clicking the DVD icon on it (think Devices inside iTunes), you can set the theme, ordering, and things like that), making DVD creation a breeze.

What do you think?
  • Reply 283 of 291
    ajpriceajprice Posts: 320member
    I think iDVD getting rolled into iMovie should have happened a long time ago. Doing it now, they can put Youtube/iWeb etc streaming and digital copy formats into it as well as DVD writing.
  • Reply 284 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajprice View Post

I think iDVD getting rolled into iMovie should have happened a long time ago. Doing it now, they can put Youtube/iWeb etc streaming and digital copy formats into it as well as DVD writing.

The iWeb link would work well. I mean, in iWeb now you select your theme for the website, and you choose what type of page you want to add. One of those pages is a movie page - a bit too complex to double as a DVD 'site'. But in the opposite direction, you could almost imagine an iDVD theme compiling straight into a page (series of pages) on your website.
  • Reply 285 of 291
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    That sounds right to me. HTML4 is at least a powerful as whatever scripting language DVDs use. iDVD will be merged in to iWeb.

Or another possibility, iDVD could be made to export iPad apps. Which would mean Apple relaxed the App Store rules not for the likes of Adobe but so their own iLife apps could generate code

Or... not iPad apps but Apple TV 2 apps.
  • Reply 286 of 291
    jjarojjaro Posts: 29member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Balert View Post

I just bought a Macbook Pro last night... I knew this would happen. :/

It's inevitable bro. But don't feel that bad, looks like they are gonna only update the low end this time. But I have been surprised before, as have we all... I am most excited to see Mac OS X 7 personally. However I am going to be extremely upset if they rename it iOS and drop the Mac OS name. iOS should remain with the "mobile" brand of operating systems to distinctly separate the two brands. And Mac OS X is a universally recognized name now too and to change it would be kind of foolish.
  • Reply 287 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jjaro View Post

It's inevitable bro. But don't feel that bad, looks like they are gonna only update the low end this time. But I have been surprised before, as have we all... I am most excited to see Mac OS X 7 personally. However I am going to be extremely upset if they rename it iOS and drop the Mac OS name. iOS should remain with the "mobile" brand of operating systems to distinctly separate the two brands. And Mac OS X is a universally recognized name now too and to change it would be kind of foolish.

Uh, why would renaming the desktop Mac OS X iOS make any sense to anyone ever? iOS for iDevices. Mac OS for computers.
  • Reply 288 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thompr View Post

It's still referred to as the "Far East". Are you finding something derogatory in that term? When I hear it, I think about a region in the world, not about eunuchs, etc. I live in Arizona, and you can call it the Southwest even if we don't still have gunslingers and masked bank and/or train robbers riding around on stallions.

Thompson

Oh, why did not you tell me BEFORE I bought coach tickets for my holiday.... What am I going to do there now with my blach horse...
  • Reply 289 of 291
    It's still sort of off-topic (except for it being a 10.7 wish-list thing), but?. I haven't tried using Spaces with multiple monitors? when you switch Spaces, does it only switch on all monitors at once?

It seems like that could be an interesting solution? allow one Space per monitor, and move your app windows+menus accordingly??

Ha? although the reality might not be as good as it sounds in theory?
  • Reply 290 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

It's still sort of off-topic (except for it being a 10.7 wish-list thing), but?. I haven't tried using Spaces with multiple monitors? when you switch Spaces, does it only switch on all monitors at once?

It seems like that could be an interesting solution? allow one Space per monitor, and move your app windows+menus accordingly??

Ha? although the reality might not be as good as it sounds in theory?

All of them move at once. Spaces gives you numberofmonitors * number of spaces = Spaces.
  • Reply 291 of 291
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Just about 7 hours to go. Do we have a Live Stream URL yet?