AMD holding off on tablets, admits iPad cannibalizing notebooks

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    emacs72emacs72 Posts: 356member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Noliving View Post

No they would not have survived if it wasn't for the ATi purchase ...

i was trying to imagine what AMD would have done in it's weakened state in 2006 and without ATI under their wing. they could have left the desktop and server CPU market and (re)focused on the mobile segment of the market.
  • Reply 62 of 65
    tnsftnsf Posts: 203member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emacs72 View Post

i was trying to imagine what AMD would have done in it's weakened state in 2006 and without ATI under their wing. they could have left the desktop and server CPU market and (re)focused on the mobile segment of the market.

Exactly. The purchase of ATI can be seen as a hail mary move. A knee jerk act of desperation by a company caught in a downward spiral. Without the profits of ATI to prop them up, would AMD have been forced to make smarter moves? Would they have achieved a better core business because life support wasn't available?
  • Reply 63 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gettysburg11s View Post

so, let me get this straight: notebook and netbook makes are mad because Apple is outselling them with a superior product. Isn't that how our economy works? What is Apple supposed to do, stop selling the iPad so the industry can make more money? I'd say the market is progressing nicely,

http://wiktionary.org/wiki/nice

Which means it's not.

And don't use plural possessive pronouns with singular verbs, retards.
  • Reply 64 of 65
    it's -> its
  • Reply 65 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Journalism is dead.

Tech media no longer employs writers.

employs -> employ