The Queen Mum Dead

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Not that i'm interested - but who is?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Is she? That's too bad. Most often I don't care about this stuff but she seemed like a nice old gal.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    ...Finally...honestly she was a tough lady, but the last 10 years must have been a wreck physically and mentally.

R.I.P. God Save the Queen and all that...

Hmmm, Dudley Moore, Milton Berle and Billy Wilder. Them three degrees of death...

Who could be next? perish the thought

1. The Pope my father had the same disease...only a matter of time

2. Yasser Arafat ...only a matter of time

3. Osama Bin LadenÂ*anytime's fine with me

[ 03-30-2002: Message edited by: Artman @_@ ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 9
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    It's been made a lot more apparent, recently, just how the royal family kept the British together during WWII. She was the last 'leader' from WWII still alive (and had been for a long time). Without her, the royal family is that much more of a joke.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Hope she rots in hell.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by trick fall:

<strong>Hope she rots in hell.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey I don't particularly like the royal family but don't you think that's a bit harsh?

J :cool:
  • Reply 6 of 9
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    [quote]Originally posted by trick fall:

<strong>Hope she rots in hell.</strong><hr></blockquote>

What are the reasons you have for this opinion? Genuinely curious...
  • Reply 7 of 9
    thentrothentro Posts: 231member
    his tag...

[quote]I hate everyone and I hope they hate me.

<hr></blockquote>

I think you can figure it out
  • Reply 8 of 9
    trick fall, when the German bombs rained down on britain the Queen Mother was there to raise the morale of the troops and her people with her kind personality. She held the country together in a time of terrifying uncertainty, a time when Hitler may have actually succeeded in having his way with the world.

Your blatant disrespect (or poorly placed freedom of expression) is uncalled for. Shame on you.

[ 04-10-2002: Message edited by: DigitalMonkeyBoy ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 9
    I wish to second DigitalMonkeyBoy.

The Queen Mum, as she was *affectionately* known, did a lot of hard work representing her country right up to the end of her life, and was genuinely loved by the majority of people in Great Britain, as was witnessed at her funeral and the days leading up to it.

Just about everyone who ever came across/met her had nice things to say about her. She certainly had an affinity with the people, and I for one am not surprised that Prince Charles appeared to be completely shattered. She was just about *everyone's* favourite granny, and what a great thing to be that must have been.

May she rest in peace ?

- T.I.