Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheldon25 View Post

funny is the word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqJDuZIcQ34

Nothing funny about it because we just gave this country 60 billion dollars to purchase planes and other weapons.Why????
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gerald apple View Post

Nothing funny about it because we just gave this country 60 billion dollars to purchase planes and other weapons.Why????

Why? Because the right wing is lobbying hard for deals like this and the Democratic controlled Congress is busy as hell foolishly pandering to the right to appear "non-partisan".
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Why? Because the right wing is lobbying hard for deals like this and the Democratic controlled Congress is busy as hell foolishly pandering to the right to appear "non-partisan".

I guess you like wars. I am sick and tired of giving money to these countries as our own country needs it badly now.Another 2 billion dollars to Pakistan why?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gerald apple View Post

I guess you like wars. I am sick and tired of giving money to these countries as our own country needs it badly now.Another 2 billion dollars to Pakistan why?

What in my post makes you think I have any support for wars or any of the other bullshit coming out of our current Congress? I'd be happy if we cut war spending and foreign policy spending by 90%. And Israel, more than anybody, should get ZERO!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

The dems in congress aren't doing anything that is against their respective natures. You just don't understand politicians -- it's all posturing. Their guy (Obama) made some tactical moves in "the war on terror" that were, amazingly, even dumber that Bush's, and they are supporting the lunacy because they can't deal with the thought of looking worse than the republicans in regard to handling this war -- and let's face it, the Bush administration's handling of it was a low bar to begin with. "Pandering" isn't really the issue, as much as it is "posturing." The republicans seem likely to win the house and senate in this election, so the posturing does, fortunately, have a time limit.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

The dems in congress aren't doing anything that is against their respective natures. You just don't understand politicians -- it's all posturing. Their guy (Obama) made some tactical moves in "the war on terror" that were, amazingly, even dumber that Bush's, and they are supporting the lunacy because they can't deal with the thought of looking worse than the republicans in regard to handling this war -- and let's face it, the Bush administration's handling of it was a low bar to begin with. "Pandering" isn't really the issue, as much as it is "posturing." The republicans seem likely to win the house and senate in this election, so the posturing does, fortunately, have a time limit.

You may be shocked by what I'm about to say...

I pretty much agree with all of this.

Maybe it's time to give the Republicans another chance to show everyone that these policies don't work (as passed by either party), since we still don't seem to have learned that lesson. Then maybe we'll have a Liberal equivalent of the Tea Party that can actually make some of the promised "change" we voted for and foolishly expected.