Microsoft releases Office 2011 for Mac with Outlook, cloud support

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Handles MobileMe how?

IIRC, Entourage SyncServices always had problems using MobileMe (or was it the other way around?) I read enough horror stories to know not to try it, so I hadn't.

Of course now, I've been reading Outlook 2011 doesn't support MobileMe calendar, at least not yet. Word is an update will support it.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AliasWyvernspur View Post

IIRC, Entourage SyncServices always had problems using MobileMe (or was it the other way around?) I read enough horror stories to know not to try it, so I hadn't.

Of course now, I've been reading Outlook 2011 doesn't support MobileMe calendar, at least not yet. Word is an update will support it.

I was curious that you asserted that Entourage does not work well with MobileMe. The thing about horror stories is that most of them are not true. I have a lot of complaints about Entourage, but its ability to work with MobileMe is not one of them.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:

I was curious that you asserted that Entourage does not work well with MobileMe. The thing about horror stories is that most of them are not true. I have a lot of complaints about Entourage, but its ability to work with MobileMe is not one of them.

Entourage is the Devils playground. Every time I have tried it or somebody in the house has activated it it screwed with the calendar files and corrupted them. Then the MobileMe calendar synching comes to a complete halt. The process of isolating every machine, fixing the problem not and getting re-synching is egregiously nasty. I eventually physically removed Entourage from every machine I control because of this. I have colleagues that have had the same experience with calendar corruption, but because they didn't use MobileMe for multiple machine synching, they used a Blackberry, the corruption was far more easily reigned in and could often be ignored.

Entourage is dead to me because of this.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:

I was curious that you asserted that Entourage does not work well with MobileMe. The thing about horror stories is that most of them are not true...

The same could be said of Windows Vista, look at the way people avoided it like the plague. Most of the stuff printed in the media was FUD, since Vista ran just fine on hardware it should (read: recommended) have been run on, not the minimum that M$ said you could use.

Besides, if all I had to go on were posts about how people had issues, why would I try to attempt it, thinking I could get results better than they?
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Quote:

The same could be said of Windows Vista, look at the way people avoided it like the plague. ...

How much Microsoft Kool-Aid do you have to drink to try to hijack a thread about Entourage to defend Vista? How much more will you drink before you are willing to defend Windows Me? However, I am betting dollars to donuts that you can't drink enough to defend Bob.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    Quote:

How much Microsoft Kool-Aid do you have to drink to try to hijack a thread about Entourage to defend Vista? How much more will you drink before you are willing to defend Windows Me? However, I am betting dollars to donuts that you can't drink enough to defend Bob.

Ha, that's the pot calling the kettle black. Perhaps you can drink enough of your own Kool-Aid to defend the Pippin?

I am not an apologist for Microsoft at all, far from it. How would I be a "M$ Kool-Aid drinker" by bashing Entourage? I'm going on about the problems Entourage has, you're defending it, and *I'm* the M$ defender?

I wasn't hijacking a thread to defend Vista. I did use Vista in a comparison to your argument of "Most horror stories about a product not being true."
  • Reply 47 of 48
    Quote:

I wasn't hijacking a thread to defend Vista. I did use Vista in a comparison to your argument of "Most horror stories about a product not being true."

Don't deny it. You love Vista. You know you.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    Quote:

Don't deny it. You love Vista. You know you.

Ha ha. OK, I'll confess: yes, I liked Vista. But that's only because I was running it on a machine that didn't have an issue (Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM.) I can see hating it if I were running it on a P4.

Sad realization: I actually didn't mind ME, but that's because 1) I didn't have any issues, which is probably because 2) I didn't use it much (used 2000 more.)