Apple forecast to sell 100M iPhones, 48M iPads in 2011

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nht View Post

Movie Quote: Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?

Movie Rejoinder: No, that happened when you returned!

• Reply 62 of 66
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsianBob View Post

Hehe. You seem to be really want to hold onto the slight stuttering in the browser and hang the Tab for it.

I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree over it. I personally think it's more of a software (browser) thing than any reflection on the hardware, as the rest of the device is very snappy.

Personally, I'm waiting for the ASUS 10" tablet to show early next year running the tablet optimized version of Android. I'm looking for something to replace my laptop for browsing/multimedia/games while I'm on the couch watching TV.

I had a play with the Galaxy Tab at the weekend.

The web browser seemed very strange. The screen kept half-drawing user-interface elements.

Oddly, whenever you leave the browser and then return to it. The screen is cleared so you have to re-load whatever was there before.

This was a working demo unit, on display in a shop. I guess it could have been messed up in some way. But my impression was "unfinished".

C.
  • Reply 63 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

I had a play with the Galaxy Tab at the weekend.

The web browser seemed very strange. The screen kept half-drawing user-interface elements.

Oddly, whenever you leave the browser and then return to it. The screen is cleared so you have to re-load whatever was there before.

This was a working demo unit, on display in a shop. I guess it could have been messed up in some way. But my impression was "unfinished".

C.

Where did you go to play with one? I know you might not be in the US, but the only two places I know of here are Verizon (release on 11/11),Sprint (release on 11/14), and I think T-Mobile (release 11/10).

I personally reserve judgement on things until I play with it myself. If Verizon gets demo units in their stores in 2 days, I'll have to make a note to play with one. I also give display demo units a bit of slack because of all the people who have used it before me. People change settings on them all the time and leave without undoing the settings.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:

Where did you go to play with one?

The O2 store. I am in the UK.

It could an issue related to the display model only. But BGR are also saying that the browser is poor.

Apparently this improves if Flash is turned off.

http://www.bgr.com/2010/11/08/samsun...b-impressions/

I certainly think you should use the device before coming to any judgement (or buying!)

C.
  • Reply 65 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

The O2 store. I am in the UK.

It could an issue related to the display model only. But BGR are also saying that the browser is poor.

Apparently this improves if Flash is turned off.

http://www.bgr.com/2010/11/08/samsun...b-impressions/

I certainly think you should use the device before coming to any judgement (or buying!)

C.

I'm not surprised at the Flash issue. While it's great that Flash works on Android (lots of sites still use Flash elements and it comes in really handy), it still has a fair bit to go in resource management. I would agree that setting it to "On Demand" is the best way to go. Personally, I'm surprised it's set to "On" out of the box...
  • Reply 66 of 66
    Quote:

I'm not surprised at the Flash issue. While it's great that Flash works on Android (lots of sites still use Flash elements and it comes in really handy), it still has a fair bit to go in resource management. I would agree that setting it to "On Demand" is the best way to go. Personally, I'm surprised it's set to "On" out of the box...

Here's the Gizmodo review.

http://gizmodo.com/5686161/samsung-g...le-train-wreck

The browser in this video worked much better than in my experience.

C.