Bootcamp effecting iLife? Yeah strange i know.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So this is a strange one but I just set up my new iMac today and I transferred everything from my macbook pro. Everything went fine and then i installed windows 7 via bootcamp (just because i had the disk, i don't really use it, its just nice to have in case i need it). After I installed all the updates i restarted back into mac os x.

I click iPhoto and it says "iPhoto does not support the photo library" or something to that affect, and it only gives me the option to quit. iWeb works fine so as far as i can tell its only affecting iPhoto.

Another strange thing, when i restart and hold the option key to switch to the windows partition it does nothing, just goes straight into Mac OS X. I had bootcamp on my macbook pro and it worked fine every time, this is very strange and a suspicious coincidence that the moment i install bootcamp (and its not really working because i cant get into it anymore) iPhoto quits.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I did try to restore iPhoto via time machine from earlier today when everything was working fine but that just screwed it up more and says there is an updated version on my computer and i should open that. Which i have no clue were that would even be.

I am reinstalling the "applications" disk to see if that does anything. It still wont fix the bootcamp problem though
  • Reply 2 of 5
    So after reinstalling the applications suite my iPhoto is working again. But bootcamp wont load when i hold down the option key.

Any suggestions?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lawyered View Post

So after reinstalling the applications suite my iPhoto is working again. But bootcamp wont load when i hold down the option key.

Any suggestions?

Chuck it and try Parallels.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    When you startup in OSX, can you "see" and use the Windows partition?... does it show up in finder as a drive?

If so, then I'd guess there's a problem with the Windows install... re-install it.

If you CAN'T see the Windows partition, I'd guess something's messed up with the Bootcamp install... re-do that.

In either case, make sure you've got your OSX HDD backed up first if you've got any data on there!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

When you startup in OSX, can you "see" and use the Windows partition?... does it show up in finder as a drive?

If so, then I'd guess there's a problem with the Windows install... re-install it.

If you CAN'T see the Windows partition, I'd guess something's messed up with the Bootcamp install... re-do that.

In either case, make sure you've got your OSX HDD backed up first if you've got any data on there!

I didnt look for it in the finder but I went to the disk utility to make sure the disk's were okay and it showed up on there as bootcamp.

I have a genuis telephone appointment tonight at 8 so i have a feeling they are going to tell me to do the exact same thing. Ill report back if its anything interesting!

Thanks.