New style MB Air: can the screen res be lowered?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Greetings, I'm considering the Macbook Air (13.3" screen) for my wife to use.

We know nothing about Apple computers, but I see the new version Air has a higher screen resolution compared to the former version. To some, that's good news because more items will fit on the screen but the other side of that is the items will all look smaller.

Can the screen resolution be set lower than the native value in order to reduce the need for squinting at the screen? In a Windows machine I would right click on the desktop but with Apple there is no right button, so...

Thanks in advance for addressing this newbie question.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    smaxsmax Posts: 361member
    You can change screen resolution in System Preferences under Displays.

You can right-click on a Mac in a few different ways. You can either hold control and click normally or there are a few available options in System Preferences under Trackpad. Look for the options named Secondary Click or Secondary Tap. Personally, I have mine set to right click when you tap (or click) with two fingers on the trackpad.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smax View Post

You can change screen resolution in System Preferences under Displays.

You can right-click on a Mac in a few different ways. You can either hold control and click normally or there are a few available options in System Preferences under Trackpad. Look for the options named Secondary Click or Secondary Tap. Personally, I have mine set to right click when you tap (or click) with two fingers on the trackpad.

Jolly good. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.