Adobe Flash contributes largest number of security patches in Apple's Mac OS X 10.5.6

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 22 of 25
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

When I first read your post I thought you were likely overstating the case. So I looked up the CVE-IDs to prove you wrong - only to find out you're telling it straight up, and it's AI who's doing the sit-n-spin:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4435

Good work. Thanks for opening my eyes. Seems this sort of thing isn't just limited to political reporting.

Actually, the issue is that since Flash is shipped with Mac OS, those vulnerabilities are counted as PART of Mac OS and those numbers are used against Windows/Linux for vulnerabilities stats.

So here, the article is about this : stats.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Anyone else find it amusing that AI promotes Adobe Creative Suite in their front page?

Well, some of us *actually* use Adobe products for a living. In my case mostly Dreamweaver and hard-to-live-without, Photoshop. This year I made a Flash microsite for a client. Actually, it has everything that's wrong with Flash.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

... This year I made a Flash microsite for a client. Actually, it has everything that's wrong with Flash.

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.