Apple's release of iOS 4.2 held up by Wi-Fi issues - rumor [u]

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Meh, iOS 4.2gm installed on iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3g and iPod touch 2ng gen., No issues with wifi on any of them.

They connect to both WPS-PSK and WEP networks on a daily basis, no dropouts whatsoever.
  • Reply 42 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smiles77 View Post

I'm running 4.2 GM on my iPad and there's definitely some WiFi issues mainly revolving around areas of weak signal. Whereas on 3.2 I could get a steady connection in areas of weak signal, 4.2 says it is connected yet doesn't get any throughput. Turning WiFi off then on again usually solves the problem for about a minute before the Internet's gone again. No problems in areas of good signal, however. I'm glad they're going to fix it before releasing, as anyone would be foolish to release software with such an obvious, detrimental bug.

You're OBVIOUSLY not holding it right.
  • Reply 43 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

You're OBVIOUSLY not holding it right.

Touché!

• Reply 44 of 51
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msantti View Post

Why in the he'll would there be wi-fi issues?

I have none under 3.2.

It's ridiculous how long this update is taking!

Get a grip, the update was announced for november. Its the 12th today, 18 days till December by all the rumours its right on schedule for a November release. What a moaning minnie.
  • Reply 45 of 51
    There's 30 days in November. If Apple had said 12th November then it got delayed then i could understand people taking a view. Why not go outside, have a beer, relax, it's the weekend.
  • Reply 46 of 51
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cousin Dirk View Post

They won't be able to complain on the internet because the WiFi doesn't work properly.

Just don't complain that way.
  • Reply 47 of 51
    A killer bug like this one is every release's nightmare. It is good that they caught it before it reached the public. Now I am pretty sure iOS4.2 is going to be a great release!

• Reply 48 of 51
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    If Apple delays a software release because of last minute bugs, it's better to fix them, then release, right?
  • Reply 49 of 51
    iTunes update has been released. I assume this means the iOS update will be right behind it in a couple of days.
  • Reply 50 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

How so?

Connection just hangs. I'll load up Pandora with full wifi reception and it won't play. The NPR app won't update the news items. Et cetera. Sporadically starts working again, but then hangs later. Meanwhile, my iPhone and macs all access the net just fine. Something is definitely up.
  • Reply 51 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smiles77 View Post

I'm running 4.2 GM on my iPad and there's definitely some WiFi issues mainly revolving around areas of weak signal. Whereas on 3.2 I could get a steady connection in areas of weak signal, 4.2 says it is connected yet doesn't get any throughput. Turning WiFi off then on again usually solves the problem for about a minute before the Internet's gone again. No problems in areas of good signal, however. I'm glad they're going to fix it before releasing, as anyone would be foolish to release software with such an obvious, detrimental bug.

This is exactly what I'm experiencing.