It's Now November...

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
I would kinda like to know when in November is 4.2 for iPad being released as it is now the 6th of November.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Whoop-de-do. No one can possibly know.

November 30 is likely. The GM is done, so it could be any day. Apple likes the end of months.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    By the looks of it nobody at Apple knows either. As has been noted the GM is done but 4.2 needs support in Snow Leopard and iTunes. It looks like iTunes has a ways to go and SL is almost there. So we could be talking days or weeks.

The only thing is that I really believe they want to debut befor the holidays, hopefully a week before. So what is likely happening is that Apple is serving up a lot of Jolt cola to late working programmers.

Just hold tight.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RussellSakay View Post

I would kinda like to know when in November is 4.2 for iPad being released as it is now the 6th of November.

• Reply 3 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I'd say expect it around the 22nd of November.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I would bet on November 16th but the 18th would be a close second.

Someone should make a betting website for apple product launches. I would do it. I wonder if you would need a gaming license for that.

I am invisioning something like the amount you win would be based off of the way everyone bets. i.e. the winners would split the loosers bets. Or it could even be tiered, the closer you are to the winning date, the bigger percentage you win.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I'd say expect it around the 22nd of November.

I was close.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...il-Nov-24.html
  • Reply 6 of 7
    this month they're playing charlie brown christmas and the grinch on TV. it's soon!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Since Apple has never provided any guidance beyond "November", isn't all this talk of delays and problems sort of gibberish?

It always seems to go like this-- there's a rumor that Apple will do something by such and such a date, and if nothing happens on that date it's evidence of "delays", and a new rumor speculates as to the nature of the "problem", with yet another rumor setting yet another made-up release date, which, should Apple fail to match, is even more "evidence" of more "problems" according to the rumor mill.

If iOS 4.2 ships in November than Apple will have done precisely what they said they would do, and all the rampant speculation will have meant nothing.