Driver for Realtek 883 audio

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
my on board audio is realtek 883, which HDD.kext shall i install, where to get it?

The APPLEHDD.kext and Voodoo.kext got sound but sometimes I can here noise from the speaker.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yplim2300 View Post

my on board audio is realtek 883, which HDD.kext shall i install, where to get it?

The APPLEHDD.kext and Voodoo.kext got sound but sometimes I can here noise from the speaker.

Look at my signature. You are better off buying a real sound card like what I have. There are free source osx86 drivers available for it from http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/ and it works great_or you can always buy a cheap USB audio card for about 3 bucks from eBay.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by danvid36 View Post

Look at my signature. You are better off buying a real sound card like what I have. There are free source osx86 drivers available for it from http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/ and it works great_or you can always buy a cheap USB audio card for about 3 bucks from eBay.

Does your sound card come with Apple driver?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yplim2300 View Post

Does your sound card come with Apple driver?

Yes, but the M-Audio driver does not work with Intel Macs or Hackintoshes. That's why I provided the link to the open source driver. They are great cards!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    That is a sick rig, danvid36.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R View Post

That is a sick rig, danvid36.

Thanks man. I built this thing for around 2200 and it has lots of room to expand in the future. Server boards are super reliable. My next step will be a BD-R drive to burn all those mt2s files and watch them on my 50" TV...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Did that particular mobo pose any problems, with regards to Apple drivers?

I'm looking to build a Gigabyte x58a-ud5 or ud3 system; supposedly they have complete Apple driver support out of the box (sound, etc).

I'm going to make a 4.2Ghz i7 930 rendering machine and 3D workstation.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    The only thing that did not work otb was the dual GB ethernet. I bought a GB Realtek pci card that worked straight out. For the install I used the MyiHack disc, just make sure that there isn't anything else in your extra folder that isn't on the iHack disc extra folder itself, otherwise it won't boot the first time after you install Chameleon. Basically install Chameleon, go back to your hard drive, delete the Extra folder and copy and paste the entire Extra folder from the install disc to /, then run Kext Utility and you are done.

It's been running SL for the last year and it's been as reliable as any Mac I ever had but of course a lot more flexible hardware-wise and cheaper, to boot.