Report: Apple iAd to launch in Europe this week

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Apple will reportedly expand its iAd advertising platform to Europe in partnership with a variety of strong brands to be announced later this week, a new report states.

According to a report in the Financial Times, Apple has twice delayed its European launch of iAd in recent weeks, but is now ready to unveil a list of brand partners.

The report noted that "early adopters could include L?Oréal, Renault and Nestlé, with two or three campaigns running on iPhone and iPod touch apps in early December. Most will not run until next year, however."

iAd expansion

Apple announced its initial launch of iAd in April, and began displaying the first ads at the beginning of July.

Just last week, Apple expanded the iAd program from the United States and United Kingdom into the Japanese market with partner The Dentsu Group.

Apple's foray into mobile advertising immediately gave it significant market share in the emerging business of mobile ads, with IDC reporting in September that Apple had taken a 21 percent slice of the pie at the expense of Google, Microsoft and Yahoo.

As Apple expands its iAd program, it has upset some agencies by either developing its own content in house or initiating rules that agencies and some advertisers have found too limiting. Two of the initial 17 advertisers have pulled out of iAd to deliver their ads on the iPhone and iPad using alternative ad networks.

Apple's entry into the mobile ads market has been fast and furious. It only acquired Quattro Wireless earlier this year, greatly expanding its reach in conjunction with iOS integration and a creative pairing of technology and advertising savvy to create a successful new global brand.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    How about Canada? I have not seen one app in Canada and I would love to try iad
  • Reply 2 of 10
    And so the invasion to Europe begins.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Its now spreading fast in Europe. Cant wait to have my hands on it.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    29922992 Posts: 202member
    yeah, soo happy to see more ads, what can I say.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Going global is just the tip of the iceberg. I think interactive iAd will be BIG in interactive television in the near future.

We may see iAds while streaming TV shows, Movies and Live events soon; imbedded into custom AppleTV applications from new interactive internet TV Stations.

There is a whole frontier of local, national and international TV viewing with interactive iAds for TV, security for Pay-Per-View movies and live events. All internet based. This will change the whole world.

Imagine being able to see new Movie releases in the comfort of your home before or while they are still playing in theaters for a reasonable one time group fee or may be subsidized by iAds.

TV viewing and Advertising and Movies and Live Events as we know them will soon change in a very BIG way.

Time will tell.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    I've developed ad supported apps.

iAds result in less ads to consumers in my experience - as well as more engaging ads.

I choose to display less ads to my users for the same revenue as I used to get from Admob et al.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    iAD has a bright future indeed. I think mobile advertising will be the next big thing and if done right, I couldn't imagine how big Apple will be (and I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing). Ad with location awareness could merge with intelligent butler-type app like Siri..imagine you're in the shopping mall at noon and they present you with what place to eat and what promotion restaurants at that shopping mall have.

But first Apple need to learn to cease control and bend to others a bit.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    cggrcggr Posts: 37member
    Am I the only one here who doesnt want a bar of ads on applications? What a pain in the neck for an add on your tiny screen. If they become intrusive I would simply stop using the iphone - which is terriffic for its simplicity and unobtrusive interface. I have no interest in being peddled some rubbish via an iad.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple will reportedly expand its iAd advertising platform to Europe in partnership with a variety of strong brands to be announced later this week, a new report states.

According to a report in the Financial Times, Apple has twice delayed its European launch of iAd in recent weeks, but is now ready to unveil a list of brand partners.

The report noted that "early adopters could include L?Oréal, Renault and Nestlé, with two or three campaigns running on iPhone and iPod touch apps in early December. Most will not run until next year, however."

iAd expansion

Apple announced its initial launch of iAd in April, and began displaying the first ads at the beginning of July.

Just last week, Apple expanded the iAd program from the United States and United Kingdom into the Japanese market with partner The Dentsu Group.

Apple's foray into mobile advertising immediately gave it significant market share in the emerging business of mobile ads, with IDC reporting in September that Apple had taken a 21 percent slice of the pie at the expense of Google, Microsoft and Yahoo.

As Apple expands its iAd program, it has upset some agencies by either developing its own content in house or initiating rules that agencies and some advertisers have found too limiting. Two of the initial 17 advertisers have pulled out of iAd to deliver their ads on the iPhone and iPad using alternative ad networks.

Apple's entry into the mobile ads market has been fast and furious. It only acquired Quattro Wireless earlier this year, greatly expanding its reach in conjunction with iOS integration and a creative pairing of technology and advertising savvy to create a successful new global brand.

• Reply 9 of 10
    nkhmnkhm Posts: 928member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cggr View Post

Am I the only one here who doesnt want a bar of ads on applications? What a pain in the neck for an add on your tiny screen. If they become intrusive I would simply stop using the iphone - which is terriffic for its simplicity and unobtrusive interface. I have no interest in being peddled some rubbish via an iad.

People who want free software, and the developers who need to make a little money for their work.

Not all apps have ads in them, just adware supported ones. You'd seriously stop using your iPhone if the format of ads on the platform change? You prefer the ads on android? The comment makes no sense.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    juandljuandl Posts: 230member
    It would be great if eventually iAds became more visible to more people. Now that iOS is gonna merge with

OSX, it will become available for people using their PC's and ATV.

A lot of ads on TV are really crappy. BUT. There are a few that

are ptetty good. Some are more appealing than the actual shows.

If Apple can do some nice stuff. I think a lot of people will like the

change.