Apple promises an unforgettable iTunes announcement coming Tuesday

Comments

• Reply 41 of 261
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iancass79 View Post

If this is the "Cloud" that is coming....how much will it cost for people that have sizeable content?

$99.00 dollars... wait for it...

OR

Free! If you are a $99.00 MobileMe subscriber!
  • Reply 42 of 261
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Verloc View Post

Are the iTunes 10 team being returned to Microsoft?

Haha, that's hilarious

I hope they'll make it possible to completely disable and hide that useless thing called Ping...
  • Reply 43 of 261
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iTuomas View Post

Haha, that's hilarious

I hope they'll make it possible to completely disable and hide that useless thing called Ping...

It's already in the settings.
  • Reply 44 of 261
    i think it's always fun to try to figure out what apple's marketing is up to with their teasers.
  • Reply 45 of 261
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pembroke View Post

Either of these would be better:

Tomorrow is just another day...that you'll never forget.

Tomorrow is just another day, a day you'll never forget.

Tomorrow is just another day, and you'll never forget it.

"Either" implies only two options. If you're really such a stickler for grammar, you'd have said "Any of these" instead.
  • Reply 46 of 261
    "That you'll never forget."

-because your credit card will be charged every month?
  • Reply 47 of 261
    Apple is acquiring Comcast [sorry, Kabletown] and folding their cable service into iTunes.

[it will be rebranded ixFinity]]
  • Reply 48 of 261
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I don't think it means what you think it means. This is just like the "Back to the Mac" phrase. Everyone thought that it means Apple will go back and talk about Macs. It will make more sense tomorrow

"Back to the Mac' is a catch phrase, as is "Think different". However, "That you'll never forget." is simply embarrassing and shameful. That is English being ripped apart with 'extreme prejudice', to coin an Apocalypticly Now phrase.

Geez, don't Apple realise that impressionable under 18s may be reading their site?
  • Reply 49 of 261
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

It's already in the settings

That does remove it from the sidebar but it's still visible in iTunes Store.
  • Reply 50 of 261
    jb510jb510 Posts: 129member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iancass79 View Post

If this is the "Cloud" that is coming....how much will it cost for people that have sizeable content?

That's what I have wondered about every since it started being discussed. Nothing is free but how can me saving 150 Gigs of my iTunes on Apple's servers be affordable?

I still think those expecting to be able to put their own music into the cloud are dreaming. This will be for iTunes purchased media only.

Storage cost is irrelevant since Apple only needs to store one copy of the digital asset for millions of users, this isn't your own personal web disk...

I doubt they'll charge for bandwidth eithier. It'll either be free for all purchased content or it will come along via a MobileMe subscription.

Either way... No you are not going to be able to stream music which you ripped from a CD or downloaded from Amazon or downloaded from TPB.

Sure... I hope I'm wrong and Apple allows all this and more, but I'd put very long odds on it.

I'd also hope for something Pandora-ish... Maybe something that allows you to create stations and share them with friends via ping... Nbut again just don't see apple doing something like that which would be hard to monetize.
  • Reply 51 of 261
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bandman999 View Post

"Either" implies only two options. If you're really such a stickler for grammar, you'd have said "Any of these" instead.

Touché, I initially wrote two responses, but carelessly added a third just before submitting. You are, of course, correct.

It's a good thing I don't work for Apple Comms eh!?
  • Reply 52 of 261
    Perhaps tomorrow's announcement will include an increase in the preview of tracks from 30 to 90 seconds.
  • Reply 53 of 261
    p.i.n.g - feel better?

I wish it were cloud access to MY music - my macBook Air 11" 128 cannot hold all my music, even in AAC 320.

As for the Beatles, if you really want their derivative, undanceable, drug-addled crap, you should by the cd's. PT Barnum hearts the beatles
  • Reply 54 of 261
    They're announcing that the little color stoplight buttons (minimize, maximize etc.) in iTunes will be rotated back horizontally like all other Mac applications.

A day we'll never forget.
  • Reply 55 of 261
    that they could be breaking iTunes up?

We all know that it has bloated beyond what it was EVER intended for - maybe this is the announcement where they break it into pieces, with a central hub that allows you to see / navigate through the content...

Nah... Just dreaming.
  • Reply 56 of 261
    Quote:

Touché, I initially wrote two responses, but carelessly added a third just before submitting. You are, of course, correct.

If "that" implies the entire phrase "Tomorrow is just another day", it could make grammatical sense. In other words, you'll never forget that tomorrow is just another day. Not sure that's what Apple is going for, but just saying.
  • Reply 57 of 261
    iTunes 10.1 just came out. iOS 4.2 is rumored to come out tomorrow. Is there something new in that combination hasn't been enabled yet, thus has thus far gone unnoticed?

I know one thing, I wish my company had the marketing clout of Apple. They spend no money at all, they just post something on their home page and people start speculating all over the place, and not just mac sites, it's on CBS news, washington post, etc.
  • Reply 58 of 261
    If this is iTunes doing a Spotify, it'll be absolutely huge. And as this is specifically an iTunes announcement, I can't really see what else it could be. I absolutely love Spotify, but there's been more than a few times when something released on iTunes has failed to make it to Spotify. If the full iTunes catalogue goes streaming, I'm in.
  • Reply 59 of 261
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eh270 View Post

beatles +1

Who? Beatles?
  • Reply 60 of 261
    Quote:

In marketing, grammar is a pliable concept. Just roll with it.