Samsung's global Galaxy Tab sales lag behind Apple iPad at 600K

1111213141517»

Comments

• Reply 321 of 337
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pomme View Post

It is noteworthy that in multiple other Apple blogsites and fora, the posters predominately discuss Apple products, services and news, while in this particular forum, the idiosycracies of the participants are predominately the topic of conversation.

Honestly, and in all sincerity, seek help.
  • Reply 322 of 337
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pomme View Post

It is certainly interesting that the Korean product is touted as "more mobile". But you have given the lie to that particular bit of fiction!

The larger size has NOTHING to do with whether or not the iPad is more mobile than the Galaxy Tab. The iPad is more mobile, despite its size and weight being much greater than the Galaxy Tab. Size and weight have exactly ZERO relevance when determining which product is more mobile.

Battery life is the ONLY determinant of which product is more mobile. But those AndroisFanBoys love to twist the meanings of word.

The Galaxy Tab is LESS MOBILE than the iPad, despite its screen not being big enough to make it a viable device.

I can give you a laptop hooked up to a generator with 50 gallons of fuel. Should have enough battery life for more than a month. Does that make it the most mobile?

Battery life isn't the only determinant. Battery life should be adequate for whatever you're doing. In a tablet, it should be able to last all day with everyday use.
  • Reply 323 of 337
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Your absolute ignorance is (yet again) showing in that (much like iOS) ALL installed Android apps are always readily available via the app drawer tab, which remains a constant (and discrete) UI element regardless on which page one may be.

I Reiterate... All Apps (arranged alphabetically in rows and columns, in fact - Much more logical/organized than iOS) Are Always Available Via A Single Click of the Android App Drawer Tab, leaving all homescreens to appear/function as the users sees fit, which includes the use of live widgets, calendars, live wall paper, etc.

So Now You Know... Think Different.

Alphabetically organized isn't better IMO. Might seem like a good idea on paper, but it's not in practice.

My wife has a Droid X, let me show you a scenario where alphabetically isn't the best.

1. See App that I like online somewhere

2. Go to Market from home screen

3. Find App, download

4. Open App Drawer

5. Scroll all the way down to find newly downloaded app (not there)

6. Look at notification bar to remember the exact name

7. Find the app, use it, exit, clear notification bar.

8. 2 hours later, try finding app again.

9. No success, have to manually search from top to bottom...

I like how Samsung does it in the Fascinate where it's very similar to the iOS.

PS: Let's not forget that all apps get rearranged whenever you download an app.
  • Reply 324 of 337
    I don't quite get it. Why not just do a search for apps using the google toolbar widget, or simply put the application on one of your desktops. I guess that with Android you have a choice, you can put the app on your desktop or keep it in the app drawer.

It's been awhile since I used a device with IOS. But if I recall apps are aranged by where you place them. How exactly does one find an app if you don't remember what screen you left it on?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FurbiesAndBeans View Post

Alphabetically organized isn't better IMO. Might seem like a good idea on paper, but it's not in practice.

My wife has a Droid X, let me show you a scenario where alphabetically isn't the best.

1. See App that I like online somewhere

2. Go to Market from home screen

3. Find App, download

4. Open App Drawer

5. Scroll all the way down to find newly downloaded app (not there)

6. Look at notification bar to remember the exact name

7. Find the app, use it, exit, clear notification bar.

8. 2 hours later, try finding app again.

9. No success, have to manually search from top to bottom...

I like how Samsung does it in the Fascinate where it's very similar to the iOS.

PS: Let's not forget that all apps get rearranged whenever you download an app.

• Reply 325 of 337
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rigelian View Post

I don't quite get it. Why not just do a search for apps using the google toolbar widget, or simply put the application on one of your desktops. I guess that with Android you have a choice, you can put the app on your desktop or keep it in the app drawer.

It's been awhile since I used a device with IOS. But if I recall apps are aranged by where you place them. How exactly does one find an app if you don't remember what screen you left it on?

Actually you do it one of two ways:

You place move the new app from the rightmost home screen where it downloads to and then put it in a folder with similar apps so you can find it again easily.

You download the app and don't care where it lands and search for it by name in the search page to the left of the first home screen.

I usually leave the most used apps on the first home screen and then fill a second home screen with folders by category or function. I place Settings, Mail, iPod, Safari, iBooks, and iCab on the dock
  • Reply 326 of 337
    Thanks for the reminder. I now recall this is exactly how I did it. Except for the folder part. IOS didn't have folders when I used it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shock Me View Post

Actually you do it one of two ways:

You place move the new app from the rightmost home screen where it downloads to and then put it in a folder with similar apps so you can find it again easily.

You download the app and don't care where it lands and search for it by name in the search page to the left of the first home screen.

I usually leave the most used apps on the first home screen and then fill a second home screen with folders by category or function. I place Settings, Mail, iPod, Safari, iBooks, and iCab on the dock

• Reply 327 of 337
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rigelian View Post

Even better - On the Android, use Google Gesture Search. I use Bar Control and it's added permanently on the notification Bar. I can now find a contact/app/bookmark/music/setting with a quick flick of the notification drawer from any screen of any app and swiping a character or two. One of the many reasons why I find Android's User Experience superior to iOS.
  • Reply 328 of 337
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

It *is* truly horrifying, not just vaguely. Like, honestly, it is psychiatrically disturbing.

Anyways this thread got raped from the very first post so toodles people.

Banned now (again) just after I reported him. I think the mods are on to him but don't necessarily delve into the threads enough to see his pattern; they banned Steve-j and Bill G shortly after being reported as well.

Take away-- don't engage, report. He'll be back within 24 hours, I'd warrant, but it will be obvious that it's him.
  • Reply 329 of 337
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by os2baba View Post

Even better - On the Android, use Google Gesture Search. I use Bar Control and it's added permanently on the notification Bar. I can now find a contact/app/bookmark/music/setting with a quick flick of the notification drawer from any screen of any app and swiping a character or two. One of the many reasons why I find Android's User Experience superior to iOS.

Yes that is helpful too. Normally I can get to any of my iOS apps in 3 or 5 steps from sleep:

1. Home button

2. Swipe to unlock

3. Open one of 25 most frequently used app [done] with a single tap or Swipe left to second home screen or swipe right to search

4. Open folder or tap search result

5. Tap to open least frequently used app

or on Android

1. Home

2. Unlock

3. Launch most frequent app or pinch to display all home pages or search or scroll applications list and select.

4. Gesture or enter text

5. Select search result
  • Reply 330 of 337
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

IGenius/bunch of other I can't remember/Steve-j/Bill G/Pomme. One appearing with 24 hours of the previous identity being banned, always with a rapid post run-up in clusters in the morning and evening.

And always tending towards lame affirmations that he apparently thinks are artful parodies of fan boys. Honestly, this has been going on so long I think he's literally insane. I don't think that generally about trolls, but this guy is so persistent, and so one note, as to be vaguely horrifying.

Yeah, I just had to read one post to know who it was.

Perhaps he's made a bot to do all his work for him? I couldn't imagine wasting so much of my time with that rubbish.
  • Reply 331 of 337
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

This is amazing. SendMe/ Newtron/ Steve-J/ Bill-G/ Pomme has gone completely off the deep end, like further than we ever imagined, and DaHarder actually thinks Pomme is being serious! This is some real vintage stuff here.

It's hilarious. And iGenius/Steve-J/Bill-G/Pomme's monotone is almost hypnotic. There are one or more disorders at play here.
  • Reply 332 of 337
    Samsung will sell millions of its devices globally as it has the sales network in place and the device runs on Android. Battery life will be an issue, but it will be overlooked. Sales will improve once Android 3.0 is released. Right now the devices runs Android 2.2 which Google doesn't recommend for tablets.

Apple's global sales network sucks. While Apple's iPad will continue to thrive in the markets where it has a lead, I doubt if the volume will pick up significantly.

/crib session on

As a note, iPhone 4G and iPad are not officially on sale by Apple in India yet. They are still being sold as imported units by retailers with a fat 40% margin. So that satisfies the Apple fans. Samsung Galaxy Tablet is available officially and supported by Samsung, so people who want a tablet and don't care about the iPad are happy to buy it. Who is the loser?

/crib session off
  • Reply 333 of 337
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Not me. I love my iPad. And so do millions of other people. We got nothing to prove. And that's good enough for me.

i'm with you... i love enjoying my ipad more (since 4.2 is out i'm loving it more)... i don't have time to go to android sites just to show them that iOS is better.

atleast iOS is better for me. just waiting for AirPrint to support network printers which are connected in my office through time capsule.
  • Reply 334 of 337
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

... and the iPad 2 freeze-the-market wait begins. ...

I think you're absolutely right on this, and then you have all the people who are actually waiting for #2.
  • Reply 335 of 337
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theolein View Post

So, you're trying to say there is some truth in the rumour that all Mac users are arrogant snobs?

No, just that Mac buyers have jobs, work and can decide the platforms they choose. I don't know much about android, but "free" just spells problems from what I've learned in life...
  • Reply 336 of 337
    They sold 600,000 !!!??? I never realized so many iPad developers were that curious to see how much it sucks.
  • Reply 337 of 337
    600k worldwide. Hmmm, wasn't iPad only available in the US for most of the first month? That's not a bad start for Samsung, but I wonder if it will hold. Just too expensive and I don't want another data plan.