My Macbook won't charge

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So I have a white macbook that I bought in 2007. My apple care is now up and I need help. When I plug it in the charger won't turn from the green light to the amber light to show it is charging. Well I thought it may be an issue with my charger, so I bought a new one. But it still won't charge. I also tried taking out the battery and putting it back in. Still isn't working. I don't know what to do. Do I need a new battery? Is my computer dead for good? I have been searching google and can't seem to find any info on this specific issue. Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ticklemeashes View Post

So I have a white macbook that I bought in 2007. My apple care is now up and I need help. When I plug it in the charger won't turn from the green light to the amber light to show it is charging. Well I thought it may be an issue with my charger, so I bought a new one. But it still won't charge. I also tried taking out the battery and putting it back in. Still isn't working. I don't know what to do. Do I need a new battery? Is my computer dead for good? I have been searching google and can't seem to find any info on this specific issue. Any advice would be great.

Best advice bring it to an apple provider in your area and they will tell you the problem instead of guessing.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ticklemeashes View Post

Firstly I'd give a PRAM & SMC reset, and after all this the problem still persists the next thing I'd try a fresh install on a separate partition or on an external disk.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lofasz View Post

Firstly I'd give a PRAM & SMC reset, and after all this the problem still persists the next thing I'd try a fresh install on a separate partition or on an external disk.

Reinstalling the OS will have no effect on the power management controller. (idiot)
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Reinstalling the OS will have no effect on the power management controller. (idiot)

that's true, but i've seen once something messed up the kernel and the symptoms were the same (no charge)