Black Friday Macs: Save up to $130 on MacBook Airs, $150 on MacBooks, $270 on MacBook Pros...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited June 2019
Apple has launched its Black Friday sale in the US offering $101 off a handful of Macs, though the company's resellers have responded by besting those discounts -- sometimes by more than double -- by offering up to $150 off white MacBooks, $270 off MacBook Pros, $180 off iMacs, $130 off MacBook Airs and $100 off Mac minis.

Apple's Black Friday sale offers $101 off MacBook Pros, iMacs and 13-inch MacBook Airs, in addition to $41 off iPads, up to $21 off iPod nanos, and up to $41 off iPod touches, plus a handful of accessory deals. In every case but the iPad, however, resellers have well undercut Apple, as can be seen in AppleInsider's Mac Pricing Guide, below.

White 13-inch MacBooks

For its part, MacConnection (Black Friday sale) maintains the lowest price on the sole white MacBook, blowing out units at $849.99 ($149 discount).

MacBook Airs

Meanwhile MacMall, which recently received an 87 point "recommended" reseller rating from Consumer Reports, has teamed up with AppleInsider to offer its readers an additional, exclusive 2% discount off Apple's new family of MacBook Airs when using the links in this article or the price guide. Unlike MacConnection, whose deals are tied to mail-in-rebates, MacMall's Black Friday savings all run off instant discounts, meaning the prices you see on the reseller's website are the prices you pay, no rebates needed.

The exclusive coupons on the Airs bring the bringing the 1.40GHz 11" MacBook Air 64GB to $929.04 ($70 savings), the 1.40GHz 11" MacBook Air 128GB to $1,116.22 ($83 savings), the 1.86GHz 13" MacBook Air 128GB to $1,174.04 ($125 savings), and the 1.86GHz 13" MacBook Air 256GB to $1,468.04 ($131 savings). These are the lowest prices we've seen or expect to see across the MacBook Air line.

MacBook Pros

For MacBook Pros, MacConnection continues to extend the best deals across the board with its mail-in-rebates. Among the standouts are the 2.66GHz 13" MacBook Pro for $1,299 ($200 savings), the 2.4GHz 15" MacBook Pro for $1,599 ($200 savings), the 2.53GHz 15" MacBook Pro for $1,579 ($240 savings), and the 2.53GHz 17" MacBook Pro for $2,029 ($270 savings).

iMacs

Similarly, MacConnection also maintains the best prices on iMacs, offering the 3.06GHz 21.5" iMac for $1,049.00 ($150 savings), the 3.20GHz 21.5" iMac for $1,349 ($150 savings), the 3.20GHz 27.0" iMac for $1,529 ($170 savings), and the 2.80GHz 27.0" iMac quad-core for $1,819.00 ($180 savings).

Mac minis

For Mac minis, MacConnection is offering the 2.40GHz Mac mini for $599 ($100 savings), with a strict limit of 1 per customer. Amazon, however, has matched the $599 pricing without imposing a limit. For the 2.66GHz Mac mini Server, MacMall, Amazon, and B&H Photo have the lowest pricing at $954 ($45 savings).

Mac Pros

When it comes to Mac Pros, a handful of resellers are offering similar pricing on the 2.80GHz 4-Core and 2.40GHz 8-Core models. For its part, MacMall has taken $400 off the high-end 2.66GHz 12-Core Mac Pro

All of these discounts and others can be seen in AppleInsider's Mac Pricing Guide, which is also republished below. The lowest prices are highlighted in bold links and the total discount compared to Apple's suggested retail price can be seen on the far right in red.

It should also be noted the both MacConnection and MacMall are offering free shipping and free printers with each Mac purchase. MacMall is also offering a free copy of Parallels Desktop 6 with each Mac purchase. Both offers are tied to rebates.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 41
    Amazing discounts from Apple in Denmark

This is a list of ALL the Mac related discounts - the rest of the Mac products are not discounted.

MacBook Air 13" 128GB Save DKK150.75 = 26.93 US$

MacBook Air 13" 256GB Save DKK13.25 = 2.37 US$ almost 3 bucks discount how generous

MacBook Pro 13-inch: 2.4GHz Save DKK210.75 = 37.65 US$

MacBook Pro 13-inch: 2.66GHz Save DKK73.25 = 13.09 US$

iMac 21.5-inch: 3.06GHz Save DKK180.75 = 32.29 US$

iMac 21.5-inch: 3.2GHz Save DKK30.75 = 5.49 US$
  • Reply 2 of 41
    You can tell Apple is changing. I worry they will be perceived as less cool, because everyone has one now. A similar thing is happening with BMW. The exclusivity of the two companies is what made them cool. That's ok I can still dream for the Aston Martin DBS.

Even a year ago, I don't recall discounts like these from the Apple stores, which are by any measure pretty damn good. Over $200 off of some items . Of course there will be naysayers, but think about this: Apple's are selling extremely well in just about every category, which dictates they don't really have to make heavy discounts.

Obviously, I'm a fan of Apple and I own stock, so yes I am rooting for them to succeed. These sales should help boost their bottom line and push their stock even higher = win. However, I hope Apple doesn't completely loose their vision of innovative products that are better quality (builds and material) than everything else.
  • Reply 3 of 41
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pennywse View Post

You can tell Apple is changing. I worry they will be perceived as less cool, because everyone has one now. A similar thing is happening with BMW. The exclusivity of the two companies is what made them cool. That's ok I can still dream for the Aston Martin DBS.

I don't buy Apple equipment because it is cool! I buy to because it is awesome. Who on earth would be shallow or stupid enough to buy anything based on what anyone else thinks about it? Your statement sounds like something from the 1950's English class system.
  • Reply 4 of 41
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Even a year ago, I don't recall discounts like these from the Apple stores, which are by any measure pretty damn good. Over $200 off of some items

Last year the price of the MBPs was up to $300 off, compared to $270 this year.
    Note: You have look at the article text, not the chart as it?s dynamically generated to show the latest deals.
  • Reply 5 of 41
    I ordered two iPads and a Shuffle for Christmas gifts this morning. Basically saved the sales tax on the iPads. Apparently, the resellers were not allowed to discount the iPads.
  • Reply 6 of 41
    Apparently Apple realised that the discounts were fairly ... strange.

They have now updated the discount to 751DKK = approx 100? = approx 134 US$

additionally the discount now covers all iMacs and all MacBook Pros but still only the 13" MacBook Air

now the discounts actually makes sense
  • Reply 7 of 41
    Thinking of a macbook pro (13"). Lean towards purchasing fro Apple as I have done in the past. But... since they will not honor the Black Friday price with the educational discount I am looking at Mac Connection. Both have ht eprinter rebate. What are the considerations of purchasing from a 3rd party???
  • Reply 8 of 41
    Quote:

Even a year ago, I don't recall discounts like these from the Apple stores, which are by any measure pretty damn good.

they were there. Although they aren't as amazing as they sound once you consider that Apple is taking a little off today as well.

As for the whole "getting too popular" worries, I wouldn't. Apple has a long way to go before their computer market share is any thing to worry about
  • Reply 9 of 41
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Saving in Canada:

Imac : 101$ all models

MBP : 101$ all models

MB : 0$

MBA : 13" only, 101$

iPod Nano : from 11$ to 21$

iPod touch : from 21$ to 41$

IPad : 51$ all models

and lots of acccesories and softwares.
  • Reply 10 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

they were there. Although they aren't as amazing as they sound once you consider that Apple is taking a little off today as well.

As for the whole "getting too popular" worries, I wouldn't. Apple has a long way to go before their computer market share is any thing to worry about

The problem with all of these fairly good deals today is that they are limited to standard configuration machines. The new MBAs in particular are selling almost exclusively with the additional 2 gigs of RAM (total 4) which can only be had at time of ordering. The 11" is best selling with the upgraded processor and the 4G memory, but it's also not being discounted.

Pity.
  • Reply 11 of 41
    I don't know how any of these companies can afford to offer discounts this deep. Resellers only make about $70 to $120 on for example iMacs, which means pretty much everyone is selling them at a loss.
  • Reply 12 of 41
    New MBP with ssd coming out in April with no optical drive any longer.
  • Reply 13 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by enjourni View Post

I don't know how any of these companies can afford to offer discounts this deep. Resellers only make about $70 to $120 on for example iMacs, which means pretty much everyone is selling them at a loss.

New math, perhaps? Their loss is your gain! Wheeeeee!
  • Reply 14 of 41
    Quote:

Black Friday seems to always come at a time when I have no money to spend.

With economy they way it is with no money and no one willing go give credit,

these offers are useless to people in our position.
  • Reply 15 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I don't buy Apple equipment because it is cool! I buy to because it is awesome. Who on earth would be shallow or stupid enough to buy anything based on what anyone else thinks about it? Your statement sounds like something from the 1950's English class system.

Uhhh... everyone does, every day. You ever read a few reviews before buying something? You ever ask your friends and family about something before buying your own? You ever heard about "word of mouth?"

In your rush to "flame" the other poster, you sound like a doofus.
  • Reply 16 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kyle76 View Post

I ordered two iPads and a Shuffle for Christmas gifts this morning. Basically saved the sales tax on the iPads. Apparently, the resellers were not allowed to discount the iPads.

I was quite surprised to see the iPads in the sale and not the Macbook.
  • Reply 17 of 41
    Saved £81 on a new iMac for the company and with the VAT to claim back we're well chuffed.
  • Reply 18 of 41
    Quote:

i don't know were these numbers came from, but anyways, they could be trying to make money off of software sales as well, like buy a copy of MS office/etc with you Mac
  • Reply 19 of 41
    Quote:

I don't buy Apple equipment because it is cool! I buy to because it is awesome. Who on earth would be shallow or stupid enough to buy anything based on what anyone else thinks about it?

Completely agreed!

Quote:

Your statement sounds like something from the 1950's English class system.

Now you lost me?
  • Reply 20 of 41
    Quote:

Many many many people buy things just because they're cool, not because of any technical merit or advantage. This is how brands work.