Apple nabs HP's former 98 acre campus in Cupertino

Comments

• Reply 41 of 69
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pennywse View Post

Oh you know damn well Apple is going to rip up that cheap wood flooring and install some modernistic aluminum facade. I know this cause SJ told me when we were having coffee the other day. What was most interesting was the 18 wheeler he uses to carry is ego around with him. It (the truck) is also made of aluminum.

Put a sock in it moron.
  • Reply 42 of 69
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    Why is this Secondary Campus much bigger then Original? Or are they moving away from infinite Loop?

I like the name infinite Loop. I would rather they expand on it .

Notes: I dont know the place so it might be impossible....
  • Reply 43 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Futuristic View Post

You win the "Nerd Reference" award!!!

Introducing.... iSpice
  • Reply 44 of 69
    I smell "iDataCenter mini"
  • Reply 45 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

And booby traps. Like when the Atreides first went to Dune and took over the palace from the Harkonnens.

Also Apple should watch out for the bottomless pit Carly used for punishing dissenters. "Madness? This... is... H..P..!!!"

naah, Apple needs a bottomless pit of their own anyway... they need to build down about a hundred stories so they can make their own umbrella corporation HQ.
  • Reply 46 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

Just a real estate purchase. Perhaps for investment, perhaps for expansion. It doesn't really symbolizes or mean anything.

Keep telling yourself this, Sherlock.
  • Reply 47 of 69
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,655member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ksec View Post

Why is this Secondary Campus much bigger then Original? Or are they moving away from infinite Loop?

Notes: I dont know the place so it might be impossible....

Based on previous reports, this is an expansion and they plan to stay at the 1 Infinite Loop campus. In addition to "infinite loop", years ago Apple had buildings on "Disc Dr.", but I don't know whether that exists anymore (or whether the name has been changed to "Flash Dr.").

The bigger question is why does Apple think they need all that space? This implies to me that in the long term (since they've announced no immediate plans to build on that new campus), they're imagining being in many more businesses than they are in today and since they also have that new North Carolina facility, the Cupertino space is most likely not for a big server farm. It also implies thousands of additional employees, which should be great for the California economy.

You don't need a new campus twice (or more) the size of your current one if you're just thinking about some new iPhone/iPad models or additional sales of existing products. Something else is going on. Something bigger than I think we can imagine.
  • Reply 48 of 69
    How fitting for Apple Inc. to take over H-P's campus! Just a sign of things to come.
  • Reply 49 of 69
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

Something else is going on. Something bigger than I think we can imagine.

iWorld Amusement Park?
  • Reply 50 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

iWorld Amusement Park?

** iLike **
  • Reply 51 of 69
    "You see, something's going to happen..."

"What? What's going to happen?"

"Something wonderful."

Later...

"My God! It's full of stars!!"

• Reply 52 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FreeRange View Post

Put a sock in it moron.

Yes, quite a witty comeback. Please go learn some Engrish and do better next time.

... and yes I wrote Engrish, some of you will appreciate this.
  • Reply 53 of 69
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

iWorld Amusement Park?

nice

• Reply 54 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pennywse View Post

Yes, quite a witty comeback. Please go learn some Engrish and do better next time.

... and yes I wrote Engrish, some of you will appreciate this.

Yeah whatever troll.
  • Reply 55 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ksec View Post

Expanding on the infinite... even Steve might have a problem with that.
  • Reply 56 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

LOL. I think it's right up Steve's alley.

"You know, we thought long and hard, and we realized "infinite" just wasn't enough to reflect what Apple is all about... So, today, we're renaming 1 Infinite Loop to 1 Infinite Squared. It's an all-new, truly magical and revolutionary campus that's the lightest and thinnest we've ever constructed, made completely of highly recyclable glass and aluminum -- all at an unbelievable price. We think you're going to love it. I'd like to show you an ad, if you'd like to see it..."
  • Reply 57 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Not if he activates his Reality Distortion Field?. Problem solved.
  • Reply 58 of 69
    Quote:

"you know, we thought long and hard, and we realized "infinite" just wasn't enough to reflect what apple is all about... So, today, we're renaming 1 infinite loop to 1 infinite squared. It's an all-new, truly magical and revolutionary campus that's the lightest and thinnest we've ever constructed, made completely of highly recyclable glass and aluminum -- all at an unbelievable price. We think you're going to love it. I'd like to show you an ad, if you'd like to see it..."

Right on! <THUMBS UP>

LOL!
  • Reply 59 of 69
    Quote:

LOL. I think it's right up Steve's alley.

"You know, we thought long and hard, and we realized "infinite" just wasn't enough to reflect what Apple is all about... So, today, we're renaming 1 Infinite Loop to 1 Infinite Squared. It's an all-new, truly magical and revolutionary campus that's the lightest and thinnest we've ever constructed, made completely of highly recyclable glass and aluminum -- all at an unbelievable price. We think you're going to love it. I'd like to show you an ad, if you'd like to see it..."

I love it. I read the whole thing in Steves voice. Yeah, it was magical
  • Reply 60 of 69
    *Takes a bow*