Looking for solid black skin for Macbook Pro 15"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi all,

I've absolutely done my head in trying to look for a solid black skin for my MBP, all I want is the top to have a black finish, thats it!

I live in the UK so my choices are slim here - the only website I've found that does what I'm looking for is MacStyles.com but although the skin is a reasonable $19 the postage is $30!! Are you kidding me? I order posters from moviegoods.com for $10 postage.... it just doesnt make sense.

So can someone please point me to an alternative website I dont know about that does the solid black skin with the apple cutout?! It'll be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Manny

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rq42 View Post

Hi all,

I've absolutely done my head in trying to look for a solid black skin for my MBP, all I want is the top to have a black finish, thats it!

I live in the UK so my choices are slim here - the only website I've found that does what I'm looking for is MacStyles.com but although the skin is a reasonable $19 the postage is $30!! Are you kidding me? I order posters from moviegoods.com for $10 postage.... it just doesnt make sense.

So can someone please point me to an alternative website I dont know about that does the solid black skin with the apple cutout?! It'll be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Manny

I'm not sure you thought this through: a black skin will wreak havoc with your MBP's operating temperature, and make it impossible to ever leave it lying in the sun. The tiniest scratch will be painfully visible and annoy the hell out of you, and a black skin looks a tad immature...

Still want one?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

I'm not sure you thought this through: a black skin will wreak havoc with your MBP's operating temperature, and make it impossible to ever leave it lying in the sun. The tiniest scratch will be painfully visible and annoy the hell out of you, and a black skin looks a tad immature...

Still want one?

Maybe we got our wires crossed, I'm after something like this: http://www.macstyles.com/store/index...15&language=en

Not a full body skin just something to cover the back of the screen because someone in my household went and put a dent in the MBP.... as i said in the earlier post, i would buy the product in the link except they charge extortionate postage to the UK ($30)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Have you tried SGP? I'm using their skin for the back of my iPad, very good so far these past few months.

I'm using the "Carbon Fiber" one though for my iPad, not sure if they have solid black for MBP.

http://www.sgpstore.com/laptop/apple...et-series.html
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Have you tried SGP? I'm using their skin for the back of my iPad, very good so far these past few months.

I'm using the "Carbon Fiber" one though for my iPad, not sure if they have solid black for MBP.

http://www.sgpstore.com/laptop/apple...et-series.html

Thats a good suggestion thanks but I'm really after something similar to the macstyles link I provided earlier on - however I will keep the sgp store in mind, many thanks.