In battle of iPad vs. Android-based Galaxy Tab, 85% prefer Apple

Comments

• Reply 61 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

OR, they could hold some journalistic integrity around here, especially since they are linked to through Google News.

Journalism is dead.

As a matter of fact, it died in the mid-Nineties. Sorry about that.
  • Reply 62 of 160
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gadgetoid View Post

News just in: 55.25 people like the iPad.

I asked myself if I like the iPad. I said yes. According to my brilliant, impartial and thoroughly researched survey: 100% of people prefer the iPad.

The 1/4 person just thinks the iPad is kinda cool, but nothing too special
  • Reply 63 of 160
    almaalma Posts: 31member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

FFS DaHarder your pic is screwing up my page zooming on my iPad. Smaller pls

I wonder how it looks on the Galaxy Tab?

Da Harder? What's the verdict? Can the browser render it properly?
  • Reply 64 of 160
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alma View Post

Is that the Nook on the right? How do you like it?

Love It... It's fast, fun, beautifully made, well-rpiced, and I look forward to rooting it ASAP.

Note: Could you please delete the [IMG] line in your post as there are those who claim that it's causing page rendering issues on their devices.

Thanks
  • Reply 65 of 160
    Quote:

I wonder how it looks on the Galaxy Tab?

Da Harder? What's the verdict? Can the browser render it properly?

Absolutely!
  • Reply 66 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

Munster predicts Apple will sell 13 million in 2010(available for 9 months)

And he thinks they will only sell 23 million in 2011?

The thing with the iPad is that most people don't think they need/want one until they actually experience it. Apple has deployed 13 million iPads into the population as these iPads are used at homes, schools, work, planes, coffee shops, etc. they will be selling themselves.

Also don't ignore the halo effect. Most iPad owners I know already have an iPhone. There are lots of Verizon customers who are waiting for the iPhone because they have already been sold on the product. Once they get an iPhone they will be twice as likely to then get an iPad.

My prediction is Apple will sell 30-40 million iPads in 2011.

I'll see your 40 million and raise you 15 million -- Apple will sell 55 million iPads (all gens and all models) in CY 2011.

... BTW, I've got DaHarder down for 12... How many can I put you down for?

• Reply 67 of 160
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

This sounds like more a case of you being complete unfamiliar with Android/store policies than anything.

I'm unfamiliar with iOS when I tried my friend iPad and I thought it's great. Never have to understand anything about it beforehand. When I tried Galaxy Tab my wife walked away swear she wouldn't look at Android again although she really like the size being small woman and all. She's that unimpressed.

I don't think the need to understand is required. We just tested what we want to use the device with. If we found it's not that good it's not that good. Very simple.
  • Reply 68 of 160
    Quote:

The discussion is about 65 people who thought both tablets were worth a lot less than they actually are, meaning they don't have a clue what they're talking about, so naturally they said the SMALLER tablet must cost less.

You tried to use science to justify nonsense!

BTW, "size argument simply suggests that the Tab is a rip-off"??

Actually, it's to show that they have no clue what they're talking about, and put screen size ahead of system specs.

There's a reason I had you on my ignore list. I'm reminded instantly why.

Err... Do you mean that Screen Size isn't a system spec?

Or... were you just looking for something to argue about?

• Reply 69 of 160
    Quote:

Love It... It's fast, fun, beautifully made, well-rpiced, and I look forward to rooting it ASAP.

Note: Could you please delete the [IMG] line in your post as there are those who claim that it's causing page rendering issues on their devices.

Thanks

Done. I deleted the image the in the post for the benefit of those using devices that could not render it properly.
  • Reply 70 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

I'm unfamiliar with iOS when I tried my friend iPad and I thought it's great. Never have to understand anything about it beforehand. When I tried Galaxy Tab my wife walked away swear she wouldn't look at Android again although she really like the size being small woman and all. She's that unimpressed.

I don't think the need to understand is required. We just tested what we want to use the device with. If we found it's not that good it's not that good. Very simple.

Seriously... What's there not to understand about a series of colored squares arranged in a grid ?

For those who desire a greater degree of UI flexibility/customization, Android currently represents the most capable environment.
  • Reply 71 of 160
    Quote:

Done. I deleted the image the in the post for the benefit of those using devices that could not render it properly.

thanks -- it looked stupid on my pc screen too.

daharder, would you mind removing it from your post too?
  • Reply 72 of 160
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:

Seriously... What's there not to understand about a series of colored squares arranged in a grid ?

For those who desire a greater degree of UI flexibility/customization, Android currently represents the most capable environment.

What use of customization when the device is just laggy? And don't let me get to anything else.

I wasn't familiar with iPad and I wasn't familiar with the Tab. I gave both devices a fair chance and the Tab lost. Again, very simple.
  • Reply 73 of 160
    Quote:

People call him a troll and a liar for saying what apparently he has to prove for some reason though. It doesn't make sense.

Well, he is a troll. We all remember when he was centering the text on all his posts just to annoy people. Whether he's lying or not, and about what, is another question. But he clearly he's only here to bash Apple and get people riled up, just like you, and that's pretty much the definition of troll, isn't it.
  • Reply 74 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deuxlavabo View Post

thanks -- it looked stupid on my pc screen too.

daharder, would you mind removing it from your post too?

That was most likely your reflection in that glossy screen that was causing the 'issue'...
  • Reply 75 of 160
    Quote:

But that is the typical computer novice/technologically illiterate method. Look at any newbie's desktop. Rows of icons, all right there, front and center, no experience required.

There's a good reason why Apple chose the arrangement they did.
  • Reply 76 of 160
    Quote:

My crystal ball doesn't reveal much, but as tech marches on, I can see tomorrow's tablets eventually exceeding today's laptops in many important respects. ...

As usual, tekstud, your reading comprehension skills leave much to be desired and you've completely missed the point of what you're responding too, in your own sort of ridiculous way.

(I wish I had saved the link to that jester image.)
  • Reply 77 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Well, he is a troll. We all remember when he was centering the text on all his posts just to annoy people. Whether he's lying or not, and about what, is another question. But he clearly he's only here to bash Apple and get people riled up, just like you, and that's pretty much the definition of troll, isn't it.

To you I say: Pot... Meet Kettle.
  • Reply 78 of 160
    Quote:

That was most likely your reflection in that glossy screen that was causing the 'issue'...

Like I said, PC... I'm at work... no glossy screen here, sadly.
  • Reply 79 of 160

Found Footage of DaHarder... Alias Uncle Sherman

Lurking...

Showing his toys...

• Reply 80 of 160
    Quote:

But that is the typical computer novice/technologically illiterate method. Look at any newbie's desktop. Rows of icons, all right there, front and center, no experience required.

There's a good reason why Apple chose the arrangement they did.

... and that's why environments such as Android exist, to offer those who desire more flexibility a viable option.

There's room for both (regardless of what the fanatics claim).