Apple pushes Ping with exclusive Michael Jackson song

Comments

• Reply 21 of 41
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

So Michael Jackson is on Ping, and we will get to see what he likes/dislikes?

I downloaded an album Tupac Shakur 'liked' yesterday.

The live Michael Jackson liked Peter Pan but not sure if it was the Disney version or Mary Martin one.

Not sure what the dead MJ likes.
  • Reply 22 of 41
    Apple is the rear-end, the bottom of the barrel, the ugly duckling who grew-up to being ugly, the retard of all social media efforts. Apple should "knife this baby" or bring someone on board who gets social media. Ping is a boo boo like no other, and is a sh!t-brown stain on Apple's white shirt.
  • Reply 23 of 41
    almaalma Posts: 31member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Ping is a boo boo like no other, and is a sh!t-brown stain on Apple's white shirt.

The general public has no idea that Ping even exists. It is a tiny stain compared to many of the other recent boners.

How about when they sh!tcanned an app that went on to win a Pulitzer Prize? Many more people know about that one, and compared to some other stuff, it is a minor incident, barely memorable. This stuff is all adding up, maybe not consciously, but in the back of people's minds.
  • Reply 24 of 41
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alma View Post

Were there no non-pedophile partners willing to feed the Apple profit machine?

Wow, we couldn't even make 20 posts before this shit gets brought up. Not found guilty. This country does believe in innocent until proven guilty you know.
  • Reply 25 of 41
    I was a bit skeptical when Ping was announced but I signed up anyway and it's been growing on me ever since. Its purpose is not simply to talk about music with your friends (as someone further up the page was suggesting). It serves - I think - as a kind of social recommendation engine for iTunes. Seeing what my friends are buying or "liking" motivates me to check out whatever it is they're listening to. And more often than not, I'll buy it. I buy music much more regularly since signing up to Ping.

I do agree that a web version of Ping would be useful but I think it's unlikely. Surely you'd need a Web friendly version of iTunes too for it to make any sense. In any case, you don't have to use the desktop version of iTunes to access Ping - you can do it on your iPhone.
  • Reply 26 of 41
    Quote:

Were there no non-pedophile partners willing to feed the Apple profit machine?

Why does everyone harp on this aspect of Michael Jackson (when it has never been proven to even be true), but you never hear anything about all the rappers that have been sent up for touching little girls? (that there *is* massive evidence of and even a confession or two)

People seem to generally root for the tough guy rappers who do this kind of crap (and worse), but feminine Michael Jackson gets taken to task every time his name is mentioned.

Isn't this kind of quasi-homophobic? The only difference is macho dude vs. effeminate guy and touching little girls instead of little boys. The crime is the same either way.
  • Reply 27 of 41
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Why does everyone harp on this aspect of Michael Jackson (when it has never been proven to even be true), but you never hear anything about all the rappers that have been sent up for touching little girls? (that there *is* massive evidence of and even a confession or two)

People seem to generally root for the tough guy rappers who do this kind of crap (and worse), but feminine Michael Jackson gets taken to task every time his name is mentioned.

Isn't this kind of quasi-homophobic? The only difference is macho dude vs. effeminate guy and touching little girls instead of little boys. The crime is the same either way.

Need we mention R Kelly as far as that goes Prof? Not to mention the celebrities of all stripes who are guilty of beating their spouse, shooting people, etc. They still get their millions and fans defend their actions, even when proven guilty.
  • Reply 28 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

Need we mention R Kelly as far as that goes Prof? Not to mention the celebrities of all stripes who are guilty of beating their spouse, shooting people, etc. They still get their millions and fans defend their actions, even when proven guilty.

MJ was not proven guilty.
  • Reply 29 of 41
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    I've discovered a few forgotten albums through ping, this song is a pleasant enough surprise, although rather bland.

There aren't enough categories you can use in your profile description e.g. heavy metal.

You can't "like" songs that aren't from iTunes, so much for sharing some of my Australian CD's with the world eg ACDC.

Most of my music discovery comes from my car radio using Shazam or soundhound on my iPhone, which keeps a handy list to follow up later.
  • Reply 30 of 41
    bedouinbedouin Posts: 331member
    Ping might be kind of cool if there was an intuitive way to find my friends on it, other than guessing who might be there, which is kind of creepy and stalker-like.

Really though, Apple should have just bought last.fm and called it a day.
  • Reply 31 of 41
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Eight-year-olds, Dude.
  • Reply 32 of 41
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

MJ was not proven guilty.

Didn't he give some kid with some weird kidney disease "Jesus juice"?

What is the matter with you people? He invited children over and they slept in his bed. Then he paid families off so they'd shut up!
  • Reply 33 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

You can't "like" songs that aren't from iTunes, so much for sharing some of my Australian CD's with the world eg ACDC.

Most of my music discovery comes from my car radio using Shazam or soundhound on my iPhone, which keeps a handy list to follow up later.

If you could "like" a song through Ping that is not available on iTunes how would any of your followers be able to listen to it to know if it is something that interests them too?

People seem to think that Ping is something it is not intended to be. What Ping is all about is helping you discover new iTunes music based on what your friends and favorite artists are listening to. Since iTunes is the biggest seller of music in the USA and it seems many enjoy using it, there is definitely a place for Ping in many people's lives. Yes it needs a bit of refinement and probably some better marketing, but it is only two months old. Give it time.
  • Reply 34 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Didn't he give some kid with some weird kidney disease "Jesus juice"?

What is the matter with you people? He invited children over and they slept in his bed. Then he paid families off so they'd shut up!

Charges were leveled. They could not be proved for lack of evidence and less than reliable witnesses. Acquitted of all charges. That's as proven innocent as the American legal system allows for. End of story.
  • Reply 35 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

In this particular case, it is because Michael Jackson is the pedophile that was chosen by Apple to be their newest money-making venture.

Had Apple chosen a different musical pedophile, it is likely that Michael Jackson't name would never have been brought up.
  • Reply 36 of 41
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokrad View Post

Oh wow John McClain helped with the song?

Wasn't he in Die Hard?
  • Reply 37 of 41
    Quote:

In this particular case, it is because Michael Jackson is the pedophile that was chosen by Apple to be their newest money-making venture.

Had Apple chosen a different musical pedophile, it is likely that Michael Jackson't name would never have been brought up.

Boy what and odious post...

I sincerely hope you get a taste of your medicine sometime, when someone say might wrongfully accuse you of being a thief, and you get acquitted, and proved not guilty, I would really like it then that everyone calls you a thief...

btw, excellent post from the Prof.
  • Reply 38 of 41
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    If the glove fits!

Now, was that OJ's glove or MJ's

FWIW, Michael was controlled by TPTB. That's why he went through "transformations" (black to white plus major surgery) [wasn't some skin disease], and is also why he got murdered. Yes murdered.

How many people are even aware that Aleister Crowley is on the cover of Dangerous?

• Reply 39 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

Boy what and odious post...

I sincerely hope you get a taste of your medicine sometime, when someone say might wrongfully accuse you of being a thief, and you get acquitted, and proved not guilty, I would really like it then that everyone calls you a thief...

btw, excellent post from the Prof.

What's next? Steve and OJ announcing a profitable new venture?
  • Reply 40 of 41
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by timewarp424 View Post

I love the idea of Ping. I signed up the day it was announced, used it for a couple of days. But then my usage went from regular to non-existant. Why? Rarely, did I ever have itunes available to access the content.

If apple wants Ping to become big, they have to PORT IT TO THE INTERNET.

Give me a useable online version. I'll check it just as often as I check facebook!

Ping is on the internet, or did you mean you want an web based version?