Foxconn to ship next-gen iPad in next 100 days

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

Don't you hate it when people don't deliver on their promises?

Yes- where's that white iPhone4 I was promised last June?
  • Reply 82 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KiltedGreen View Post

Personally, I Always skip 1st and 2nd generation products from Apple as I know that by the 3rd generation they really will have made a better product. I'm looking for a 3D Retina display, stereo speakers with built-in subwoofer to replace the current tinny sounding setup, at least 500GB of storage and the latest Intel chip from the MacBook Air - boy will this baby scream!

Luckily there are enough mugs around to buy those early versions so that Apple actually sell enough to make it worthwhile to make the one I'm waiting for ...

LOL! oh i just about pee my pants from laughing to hard at your specs! that would be an ass kicking iPad! Thanks for the laugh bro, that was cool.

Thinking about it now, I hope the ipad 1st gen drops price as well...but I highly thought it.
  • Reply 83 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

No, you're still being irrational. The next one will always be better, so you should always continue to wait, according to that logic.

I think you're missing the main point here...Some people like to pass on the 1st gen since we all know that the 1st gen is just a foundation to build upon and the 2nd gen will eventually come out why not just wait for that version and buy it. I didn't SAY to keep waiting, I said I always pass on the 1st Gen!!

if you're the kind of people that like's to buy 1st gen then sell it and buy the 2nd gen and sell it and buy the 3rd gen then Props to you MY MAN! but don't shit on others who like to wait for the 2nd gen products.

Looks what's happening with the Iphone 3g, they are forgetting about that product SLOWLY BUT SURELY! soon those people are going to have to trash it and upgrade.

ITS A DIRTY GAME YO!!!
  • Reply 84 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

?

That's the one. Thanks!

Can somebody more capable than myself put one together for the Ultimate iPad? For those that worry about weight, it will have a new anti-gravity chip that will allow it to hover.

Three months to go.

Heh heh.
  • Reply 85 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

There might be a little weight loss but probably not much in the end. It will be sucked up by the two cameras, the two sets of 3G/lte chipsets, the USB ports, the sd car slot, the gb of ram, the 500 gb ssd and of course the blu-ray drive.

Not to mention the pixie dust and the unicorn horns that make it runn 24/7 for two years without a recharge ( now that is battery life)

I'm sure they can come up with a power system that would harness the earth's magnetic field to supply power so they can eliminate the battery altogether. They would also save money on lawsuits for involuntary stabbings, etc.
  • Reply 86 of 88
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Steve Jobs is obsessed with thinness. Expect the next iPad to maintain its form factor but be reduced in thinness and weight- and an improved display. I look forward to it.
  • Reply 87 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macbook831 View Post

I think you're missing the main point here...Some people like to pass on the 1st gen since we all know that the 1st gen is just a foundation to build upon and the 2nd gen will eventually come out why not just wait for that version and buy it. I didn't SAY to keep waiting, I said I always pass on the 1st Gen!!

if you're the kind of people that like's to buy 1st gen then sell it and buy the 2nd gen and sell it and buy the 3rd gen then Props to you MY MAN! but don't shit on others who like to wait for the 2nd gen products.

Looks what's happening with the Iphone 3g, they are forgetting about that product SLOWLY BUT SURELY! soon those people are going to have to trash it and upgrade.

ITS A DIRTY GAME YO!!!

Every generation of device builds on the previous generations, and every device eventually becomes obsolete, so there's still no logic to this argument. Logically, you still have to skip every nth generation device because the n+1th generation will build on it. You've further added the constraint that you should never buy something that may become obsolete. The end result of this, if applied consistently is that the only conclusion one can reach is to never buy anything, which is obviously ridiculous, meaning that the entire line of reasoning is flawed.
  • Reply 88 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Every generation of device builds on the previous generations, and every device eventually becomes obsolete, so there's still no logic to this argument. Logically, you still have to skip every nth generation device because the n+1th generation will build on it. You've further added the constraint that you should never buy something that may become obsolete. The end result of this, if applied consistently is that the only conclusion one can reach is to never buy anything, which is obviously ridiculous, meaning that the entire line of reasoning is flawed.

I'm with anonymouse. There's no clear line of what to buy or not to buy. For all those squawking about the iPad just being a large iPod Touch you could argue that the iPad wasn't even a true "1st Gen" product. Even then, so what? It's absurd to whine that a iPhone 3G is soon to be forgotten. It still does what you expected it to do when you purchased it. To expect it to be compatible with every future upgrade is silly and unrealistic.