Newman's Day. . . it's over

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Animal House lives:

Legend has it that many years ago Paul Newman made a speech at Princeton on April 24th, finishing with the line "I think I'm going to get a beer."

Then came the standard quip "24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day. Coincidence? I think not."

So April 24th is something of a holiday at Princeton. A true tribute to Bacchus. . . er, Newman, our god of beer. The hardy ones try to do the case in 24 hours. Rules are that every class needs to be attended, and there can be no sleeping in between beers. Naturally it results in a fairly amusing assortment of idiocy. Not too many people make the case, though.

Anyway, the live bands in the afternoon make the day quite fun. Currently, walking down the street requires dodging passed-out kids on the wayside. (just kidding) Most people here have some level of self-respect.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    You should see Slope Day.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    thoth2thoth2 Posts: 277member
    [quote]Originally posted by Splinemodel:

<strong>Animal House lives:

-snip-

Most people here have some level of self-respect.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You're kidding, right? How do you explain the Nude Olympics, that other grand P-ton tradition?

Thoth
  • Reply 3 of 4
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    [quote]Originally posted by Thoth2:

<strong>

You're kidding, right? How do you explain the Nude Olympics, that other grand P-ton tradition?

Thoth</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's banned now, but anyway, I don't really see the problem with the nude olympics in itself. It's quite funny, actually.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    pushermanpusherman Posts: 410member
    i celebrated by going to see widespread panic in concert. i didn't drink that much beer. but as you might imagine, drinking was on par with taking a couple of aspirin compared to what was going on down there. but it was an awesome show and a great crowd, and i enjoyed it immensely. well, i enjoy everything i can remember. but i'm pretty sure i was having a really good time.