Disk Image Mounter problem in OSX 10.5.8?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I am currently using OSX 10.5.8 Leopard and have run into a problem. When ever I attempt to mount a .DMG file, Finder goes unresponsive and will not re launch. The .DMG is downloaded from a verified clean source and the default program to open is the Disk Image Mounter Utility. I try going to /System/Library/Core Services, and I see the Disk Image Mounter Utility listed, yet when I attempt to open it, nothing happens and it is not even listed in the activity monitor. I have tried mounting several .DMG files and each time the same problem occurs and can only be solved by rebooting the system. I have just recently tried updating my software to the latest version and still no fix. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rpprdud View Post

I am currently using OSX 10.5.8 Leopard and have run into a problem. When ever I attempt to mount a .DMG file, Finder goes unresponsive and will not re launch. The .DMG is downloaded from a verified clean source and the default program to open is the Disk Image Mounter Utility. I try going to /System/Library/Core Services, and I see the Disk Image Mounter Utility listed, yet when I attempt to open it, nothing happens and it is not even listed in the activity monitor. I have tried mounting several .DMG files and each time the same problem occurs and can only be solved by rebooting the system. I have just recently tried updating my software to the latest version and still no fix. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Could it be that those .DMG files are of applications that will only run under Snow Leopard?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

Could it be that those .DMG files are of applications that will only run under Snow Leopard?

Thank you for the advice, but, I believe that the .DMG files work with Leopard. I even go into Core Services and attempt to open DiskImageMounter manually, but it never opens, or even shows up in the activity monitor.