Google Android stalls, remains tied with Apple's iOS in ad impressions

Comments

• Reply 21 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Please also take an English comprehension course, a writing course, and a minor in proverbs. None of which you seem to be very knowledgeable about or talented with.

Up yours professor.

(Ever since college I always wanted a chance to say that)
  • Reply 22 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkJones View Post

And there always be a small percentage of people who think they are more superior than others just because they can shell out a bit more coin for a Apple toy. They are always looking for reasons to distinct their "superior" choice from "everyone else", the writers cater as that's what they get paid for and make a living for.

I like to think myself as being fortunate to be able to afford Apple's products, but I don't act superior, I've have had my hat handed to me by too many billionaires who snub you if you cant' afford to spend a million dollars for your daughters wedding, or another trip around the world with them.

Steve Jobs is perhaps the only billionaire I know who comes home from work to sit in front of his computer.

Sounds like you have some issues.
  • Reply 23 of 73
    cimcim Posts: 197member
    Android is stalling because they?re all out of nerds to sell phones to.
  • Reply 24 of 73
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    You probably should review your post again. A good example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Please also take an English comprehension course, a writing course, and a minor in proverbs. None of which you seem to be very knowledgeable about or talented with.

• Reply 25 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CIM View Post

Android is stalling because they?re all out of nerds to sell phones to.

I was thinking that also.
  • Reply 26 of 73
    Quote:

Steve Jobs is perhaps the only billionaire I know who comes home from work to sit in front of his computer.

You know him?
  • Reply 27 of 73
    rptrpt Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by enohpI View Post

I'm not sure about that. While the iP4 has great hardware, lots of the Andoid phones do too. In fact, some of them exceed the iP4 hardware in important respects. The real advantage of the iP4 is the beautiful screen, but some people want a bigger screen. There are other aspects of certain Android phones that blow away the iPhone.

But the iPhone is easiest for average people to use, and is usable for even the well below-average user. No Google phone can top that.

The problem with you is that when you say average people you really mean nerds who define their life in terms of their telephone, and buys the latest and greatest 4 times a year. Mos people needs a reliable system that works and provides the services needed. Based on my own experience that is what you get from the iPhone and not from most of the others.

Get a life!
  • Reply 28 of 73
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

It's fun, sort of like bashing the Yugo used to be.

LOL

Nice!
  • Reply 29 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

You're kidding, right??!!

Nope.
  • Reply 30 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr Underhill View Post

You know him?

About this much.

• Reply 31 of 73
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:

And there always be a small percentage of people who think they are more superior than others just because they can shell out a bit more coin for a Apple toy. They are always looking for reasons to distinct their "superior" choice from "everyone else", the writers cater as that's what they get paid for and make a living for.

Yup, everyone are just stupid sheep buying the latest Apple toy simply because it's cool.

I'm always astonished at just how self-delusional people can be. I mean, I really do expect some trolling in these forums, but I think you actually believe the tripe you are posting. Simply amazing...
  • Reply 32 of 73
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

It's fun, sort of like bashing the Yugo used to be.

Oh I remember the jokes so well and Lada ones too.
  • Reply 33 of 73
    Quote:

I'm not sure about that. While the iP4 has great hardware, lots of the Andoid phones do too. In fact, some of them exceed the iP4 hardware in important respects. The real advantage of the iP4 is the beautiful screen, but some people want a bigger screen. There are other aspects of certain Android phones that blow away the iPhone.

Apologies, I didn't mean to take a dig at Android hardware by complimenting Apple's. I greatly prefer the flexibility of the Droid OS, but you have to give Apple their due - they constantly lead the field in terms of hardware innovation.

Quote:

But the iPhone is easiest for average people to use, and is usable for even the well below-average user. No Google phone can top that.

And the award for backhanded compliment goes to...

"average people"? "the below average user?" Seriously?
  • Reply 34 of 73
    [QUOTE]=Android is stalling because they’re all out of nerds to sell phones to./QUOTE]

I think that's a great way to put it. It's marketed to nerds, and if you follow any of their message boards it's all about nerding the phones up. Avg. Joe in the street isn't he least bit interested in "modding" his phone to get the most use out of it.
  • Reply 35 of 73
    Setting aside comments about nerds, grammar, and whether women prefer iPhone or Android, it does seem to me that AI is running an awful lot of negative posts about Android.

Note: This is my first post. I have been reading AI for about 18 months (since I got my first Mac) but I haven't felt the urge to comment strongly enough to register for the forum.

I read this site for news about Apple, patent filings, Mac features and tips. I don't read it for weekly (and lately, nearly daily) rants about why Android isn't as good as the iPhone. I've skipped over it for months, but it bothers me. Why the constant negativity?

I've looked at some Android blogs and they all write like they're kids on Christmas morning. They're so excited about Gingerbread (hehe, good timing) and getting games that have been on the iPhone for months or years. AI lately feels bitter, angry and (most of all) defensive. It's like you can't stand seeing people excited about tech. And it's rubbing off on the tone of almost every article.

There is no joy here except in reconfirming that Apple is still on top. But where does that get any of us? I don't work for Apple, most of you don't either. Why should an iPhone owner be so obsessed with attacking some other person's phone choice?

Someone is going to reply to this and say: "Android users always talk about what their phone can do that the iPhone can't". But that's to be expected. The iPhone is the stick against which all other smartphones are measured and probably will continue to be for quite a while. It's no reason to be so negative.

[Edit] Island Hermit made a good point: the current article is not a great example of negative attitude. This comment is in reply to the previous comments and not so much in reply to the article.
  • Reply 36 of 73
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

Yup, everyone are just stupid sheep buying the latest Apple toy simply because it's cool.

I'm always astonished at just how self-delusional people can be. I mean, I really do expect some trolling in these forums, but I think you actually believe the tripe you are posting. Simply amazing...

That seems to be the only troll defense left to the overwhelming success of Apple products. 'People only buy Apple because <insert for any reason except they actually want one!>' Mind you just to extend their own weird logic, I suppose the reverse should be true for them. Do they only buy other maker's products to be uncool?
  • Reply 37 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webarnes View Post

Setting aside comments about nerds, grammar, and whether women prefer iPhone or Android, it does seem to me that AI is running an awful lot of negative posts about Android.

Why the constant negativity?

There is no joy here except in reconfirming that Apple is still on top. But where does that get any of us? I don't work for Apple, most of you don't either. Why should an iPhone owner be so obsessed with attacking some other person's phone choice?

Someone is going to reply to this and say: "Android users always talk about what their phone can do that the iPhone can't". But that's to be expected. The iPhone is the stick against which all other smartphones are measured and probably will continue to be for quite a while. It's no reason to be so negative.

Amen. My wife is a HUGE Apple fan, and I can honestly say you don't have to denigrate one to love the other.

Now Windows on the other hand...

JK
  • Reply 38 of 73
    Quote:

I like to think myself as being fortunate to be able to afford Apple's products, but I don't act superior.

I'm amazed at how many people can't do simple math, my calculation is that if your time is worth more than 50¢ per hour Apple kit is cheaper. My Macs aren't toys, they've earned my living for a decade, mostly ecommerce. Your comment says that you feel superior to Apple users so your last phrase quoted above is disingenuous.

Sometimes I buy second hand Macs, the worst IT buys I have made have always been non-Apple. I made a mistake last year, needed another screen to go with a G4 as the CRT died (19" Formac, bi lump but great screen). Used 22" Cinema Displays 3 - 4 years old cost about the same as new from the PC world. It was difficult to get to grips with the difference, surely in four years the competition should have caught up and I'll get a full warranty. I found a lot of good reviews for a Dell, bought it, it is crap, the seven year old ADC display in the storeroom is better. 22" Dell sits alongside a 21.5" iMac, screens are chalk and cheese.

• Reply 39 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webarnes View Post

Setting aside comments about nerds, grammar, and whether women prefer iPhone or Android, it does seem to me that AI is running an awful lot of negative posts about Android. ...

If there are a lot of negative articles about Android recently, it may just be that there's a lot of negative news to report about Android recently. You weren't complaining when they posted articles about Android market share going up. I don't see why you are now blaming the messenger for reporting on Android's woes.
  • Reply 40 of 73
    Can't complain about trolls, with stories like this. They seem to get the most comments though!