Help with Screen Recording

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
My son wants to record his Call of Duty battles. I tried using Quicktime screen recording. It sort of worked but I have a blurry bar on the right side and bottom. Am I asking to much of my iMac (2.66 C2D with ATI 2600)? I quit other apps and made sure that I was not paging out to the HDD.

Anyone have any suggestions of how to improve the quality of the recording? Pic below.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I must be alone in this endeavor.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

I must be alone in this endeavor.

Or in the problem.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

My son wants to record his Call of Duty battles. I tried using Quicktime screen recording. It sort of worked but I have a blurry bar on the right side and bottom. Am I asking to much of my iMac (2.66 C2D with ATI 2600)? I quit other apps and made sure that I was not paging out to the HDD.

It looks like it's recording the full frames but is capturing a larger image than the game resolution so at the right and bottom, it just repeats the pixels. All you should have to do is crop the recorded output.

This is probably happening because you start Quicktime recording outside the game so it will capture your desktop resolution or maybe a preset size and when you enter the game, the resolution changes to a lower value.

You can try changing your desktop resolution before starting the game or increasing your in-game resolution to match the recorded resolution or just keep the same setup and crop the output.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

It looks like it's recording the full frames but is capturing a larger image than the game resolution so at the right and bottom, it just repeats the pixels. All you should have to do is crop the recorded output.

This is probably happening because you start Quicktime recording outside the game so it will capture your desktop resolution or maybe a preset size and when you enter the game, the resolution changes to a lower value.

You can try changing your desktop resolution before starting the game or increasing your in-game resolution to match the recorded resolution or just keep the same setup and crop the output.

I'll give that a try Marvin. You suggestions make a lot of sense.

Thanks.