'Double-click' patent lawsuit attacks Apple's iPhone, iPad

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    ajmasajmas Posts: 601member
    There are two things that are really wrong with all this:

- software patents

- the court in Texas where all this is happening

Would it be within the power of federal law to enforce jurisdiction of these sort of cases and in what form the trial could take place if voted by senate? I am asking because even policies seem to get thrown out these days - see health care.

It would be nice to see software patents rejected. When it comes to a patent troll, how do you identify them in a way that would prevent them abusing the system without hurting the legitimate patent owner.

Maybe all these companies should instate a policy of not doing business in Texas, citing patent trolling and see what the popular reaction is.
  • Reply 62 of 70
    ajmasajmas Posts: 601member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TomMcIn View Post

Why does the great state of Texas allow such idiotic behaviour on their soil? The Pathetic Patent Office and the Trolls that abuse patents could be stopped if the Legislature decided enough is enough. Until they stop this nonsense, they look like idiots. What is the incentive for Texas to put up with so much ridicule?

Does the state of Texas get to profit from this?
  • Reply 63 of 70
    istudistud Posts: 193member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aeolian View Post

In the mean time we'll make it so the people who work for a living will pay health care to those those who don't. ...and don't get me started on what we pay for those who are here illegally...

Sorry buddy, but access to a health system is a basic human right. If you really believe that it is only a right of those who pay for it, pray to god, you never get sick when jobless...
  • Reply 64 of 70
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

" The patent was first filed for ownership in 2002 ...

Patent trolls...

How could you possibly filed a double-click patent in 2002, are the guys overthere retarded or something?
  • Reply 65 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

OK 'Quadruple Click' then

Quadruple - clicking has already been implemented, it was an Apple program but I forgot which. Or it may be Word. But quadruple-clicking selected a whole paragraph:

Double-click: selects a word

Triple-click: sentence

Quad-click: paragraph
  • Reply 66 of 70
    In other news, I just applied for a patent for having a cup of coffee before 9 AM while still in pajamas.
  • Reply 67 of 70
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple/// View Post

Somebody get Obama to see what is happening here in the patent lawsuit capital of the world.

???

What does Obama have to do with this and more importantly, why do you think he could or would do anything useful in this situation?
  • Reply 68 of 70
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TomMcIn View Post

Why does the great state of Texas allow such idiotic behaviour on their soil?

They have no choice in the matter.

It is Federal court.

Quote:

What is the incentive for Texas to put up with so much ridicule?

The incentive is they get to be part of the United States of America.
  • Reply 69 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

???

What does Obama have to do with this and more importantly, why do you think he could or would do anything useful in this situation?

I was being mostly sacastic. It just amazes me the kind of lawsuits that come out of that part of Texas. A compony who makes all of their profits based on lawsuits who's sole purpose is to obtain patents with zero intention to actually make a working product from said patents should really be looked at in my opinion. I do not believe there is much intergity here.
  • Reply 70 of 70
    I'm going to patent the very nature of walking and going places on your feet and then sue every person (lawyers included) that I see using my new patent. Ok, ok, I'll just start with the lawyers first.