Apple restricting employee vacations as first 2011 products loom

Comments

• Reply 61 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elroth View Post

It must be the long-awaited G5 PowerBook.

Or the new non-glossy-monitor-ed iMac.
  • Reply 62 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

I see Apple announcing the iPad sometime late Jan - early Feb...

...Then vPhone in late Feb - early Mar.

...Then iP5 in late May - early Jun.

I would guess iPad2. It has been *almost* a year. The notion that there will be a six-month (or more) delay between AT&T and Verizon launches seems dubious to me. However, it may be the only way they can sort-of keep up with demand. It seems like they should evenly space the launches at four-month intervals. Or maybe they are trying to space them evenly in the first half-ish of the year, so they can be caught-up for the holiday season. Nevertheless, I really don't see an iPhone4 Verizon launch only three months before the iPhone5 launch. That would really kill the supply chain. They would have to make millions of iPhone4s when they should be ramping up production for iPhone5.

Nobody has mentioned an iPhone nano in a while. I don't think it will ever happen, but I thought I would just throw it out there for the heck of it.
  • Reply 63 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by niji View Post

white iPhone

no way

more...

I don't see the demand for a white version of a six-month-old iPhone justifying a vacation blackout.
  • Reply 64 of 85
    triggstriggs Posts: 28member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

To counter that, there are millions (??) that held off getting an iPad for Christmas for exactly that reason!

For Christmas, I gave an iPad to my significant-other by photocopying an iPad picture and taping it to an unopened ream of paper and wrapping it up. She was surprised for a moment, but she totally understood why I didn't buy her the real deal just yet.

She waited in line with me at the San Francisco Apple store for hours when the iP4 came out, and the payback would be for me to wait in line with her when the iPad2 comes out. She is happily waiting.

I'm buying two of them... delayed Christmas for us!

Ditto here (though I'll just be buying one)!
  • Reply 65 of 85
    Look, this is simple. Apple isn't going to release an iPhone on Verizon, that is different than all other iPhones, and not add a bunch of other changes and improvements as well. Everyone is copying Apple already, but they will, I believe, give them even more to 'catch up' with when the VZ phone comes out.

The CONTRACT for iPhone at AT&T was for specific branded phones such as iPhone, iPhone 3, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4. This could be iPhone Pro or something, they won't just put it out as iPhone 4 (verizon edition) etc.. that is Microsoft branding, not Apple branding.

And, maybe they will release iOS apps for Apple TV. That device is really gaining steam. Apple knows that a pot will boil much quicker if you leave the lid on awhile.
  • Reply 66 of 85
    This new iMac touch screen would be really done right, and all iOS apps would work on it, iPad and iPhone apps as well. And it would have 3G.

Nothing could touch it.

Apple had it all stolen away from them, after earning it themselves, once already. I don't think they will let that happen again.
  • Reply 67 of 85
    himokohimoko Posts: 32member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigBillyGoatGruff View Post

no way

more...

I don't see the demand for a white version of a six-month-old iPhone justifying a vacation blackout.

You FAIL!

White i-Phone 4 Still HAS A STAGGERING DEMAND

" Much Bigger than Verizon i-Phone "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 68 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HIMOKO View Post

You FAIL

Proof?

Quote:

White i-Phone 4 Still HAS A STAGGERING DEMAND

Proof?

Quote:

Much Bigger than Verizon i-Phone

No. You're completely wrong about that. Next.
  • Reply 69 of 85
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Everybody who thinks this is connectivity would have to explain why people selling hardware in physical retail shops are restricted from vacation. There would have to be a physical device involved for their managers to care.

There. I said it.
  • Reply 70 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Everybody who thinks this is connectivity would have to explain why people selling hardware in physical retail shops are restricted from vacation. There would have to be a physical device involved for their managers to care.

There. I said it.

No, there's also training.
  • Reply 71 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, there's also training.

The the headline would be - lots of mysterious training for staff at Apple Stores.

This vacation restriction happens when there is a hardware announcement. Its the iPhone.

Have we worked out if it is America only yet? ( I am guessing it is, as other countries would see vacation restrictions as illegal).

Verizon iPhone. THere is, also, no "event" yet. Just this rumour of people not getting leave.
  • Reply 72 of 85
    Quote:

The the headline would be - lots of mysterious training for staff at Apple Stores.

This vacation restriction happens when there is a hardware announcement. Its the iPhone.

And what do you think they do with the hardware when they get it? Force them to give up vacation time to rub new iPhones all over their bodies? They're TRAINING.
  • Reply 73 of 85
    Quote:

And what do you think they do with the hardware when they get it? Force them to give up vacation time to rub new iPhones all over their bodies? They're TRAINING.

Lol. They're selling. Jesus wept. Thats why they hired more people over Christmas. These same people have been kept on. No Training involved.

Also if this new connectivity thingumabob needs training in the APple store before I can use it it wont be much of an Apple product, Ill stick with dropbox which had a nice instruction in the install page.
  • Reply 74 of 85
    mknoppmknopp Posts: 257member
    Quote:

There. I said it.

Did you actually read any of the post saying that the "event" will be about connectivity?

Connectivity will the the theme for the release.

Which means that the product announcements will be grouped by their ties to greater connectivity.

I.E. I believe that they will announce the Verizon iPhone (whatever they call it or number it), they will announce an iPad which will work on Verizon (after looking, I think they will announce the iPad 2 since the iPad 1 was announced Jan 27, 2010). They will announce other connectivity things along with this hardware.

Possibly, AppleTV apps or a camera for Facetime on AppleTV, iTunes streaming, enhancements to MobileMe, and other software or services related to connectivity.

At least that is my guess.

So, as you can see. The theme of connectivity could and likely will include plenty of hardware to require the retail employees to be present to sale.
  • Reply 75 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drumsrlife6 View Post

I really hope its the new CHEAPER iPad2....i've wanted an iPad since they came out but havent been able to afford it.

If the original would do, it should be discounted. Since they discount the old-gen iPhone $100 every year, im wondering what the discount on the old-gen iPad will be. $100 or more?

On the only America thing- the other thing to check would be the vacations for China. If im not mistaken, there the other largest CDMA iphone likely.
  • Reply 76 of 85
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:

I also don't buy iMac Touch at all. No one wants to reach out and touch a vertical screen for eight hours.

Under the current configurations I would tend to agree with you, but what if future iPads could be "linked to a mac desktop" .... i.e. like a keyboard replacement .... utilizing the power and capacity of a desktop, but using it like an iPad ??? That would be a whole different ball game ... no?
  • Reply 77 of 85
    scafe2scafe2 Posts: 61member
    iPad case leaks recently, so I think it's most probably iPad 2 launch with a CDMA iPhone as one more thing
  • Reply 78 of 85
    LOL, Verizon people gonna be let down once again. Just give up already.
  • Reply 79 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlackSummerNight View Post

LOL, Verizon people gonna be let down once again. Just give up already.

A verizon phone is 100% certain. The vacation curtailment may mean something else as well. Or not.
  • Reply 80 of 85
    Come on you guys, its a WHITE IPHONE dont get all excited