Sync more than one iPad with the same computer?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
When iPad2 comes out, we're thinking also to get one for my mother-in-law. Will I be able to sync (or, should I say simply, maintain and download apps for) my iPad, and hers also, on my MBP?

(As you might guess, I'd prefer not to go to the expense of buying her a laptop in addition to her iPad: we're not rich folk. And I'd like to maintain her iPad myself.)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    One computer, infinity devices.

One device, one computer.

That's how it works. Can't sync to more than one computer, but one computer can sync to infinity devices.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

One computer, infinity devices.

One device, one computer.

That's how it works. Can't sync to more than one computer, but one computer can sync to infinity devices.

Okay, that's reassuring. Different from my old HP iPaq. When we had two iPaqs, the HP laptop would NOT accept more than one! It was tightly tethered, and griped when a second one attempted to mate with it. Identified by some other means than iPaq name.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Another tip, if you want to keep all your apps and music and pix and such separate from hers then create her a separate account on your Mac. If not, at least convince her to buy some apps so you can use them, too!