Verizon confident in ability to support new iPhone users

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reklss41 View Post

the battery life on a verizon iphone will be absolutely horrible.

And because you've provided zero arguments, evidence, or reasoning to back this statement, I believe it with every fiber of my being.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reklss41 View Post

the battery life on a verizon iphone will be absolutely horrible.

I think you are confusing it with the PlayBook from RIM
  • Reply 23 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anakin1992 View Post

ipad2 will be incremental as apple does not have any other competitive players in the ring, so why bother to have a brand new ipad2? ipad3 should be a killer.

Oh don't say that, I was waiting for version 2 damn it!
  • Reply 24 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smallwheels View Post

Will there be a Verizon iPad? If so will the older version be offered with the new CDMA radio or will Apple wait until the next generation of iPad comes out?

Do you think the iPad will come with both radios so that people can switch back and forth depending on which company gives the best deal? There is a lot more space within an iPad for such chips.

All good questions ...
  • Reply 25 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by apple_headlines View Post

I'm just hoping enough people leave AT&T so it can make it more reliable

X2

But I had no problems in my area, the speed is great, I never had a dropped call besides one spot in town that is under the small hill - understandable. I hope at least 1/3 of the current iPhone owners go to Verizon's 20th Century EvDo technology so I can stay on GSM will less strain on the network.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Don't think apple will make a lower end iPhone for the emerging markets considering they already offer a 49 dollar version of the phone. Demand for iPhone 4 has been strong in china, which means people there can find a way to get the phone and are ready to pay prices above msrp to get them.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bettieblue View Post

Crazy talk.

bettieblue - Let's revisit that end of this month! You will be eating your own words!
  • Reply 28 of 33
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Where is the Verizon V logo to appear on the phone?

Is there an app for VCAst pre-installed?
  • Reply 29 of 33
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:

No kidding. I see little incentive to switch, although interestingly Verizon offers slightly better tethering.

If AT&T was smart they would offer a lower tier data plan mainly for use with the 3GS - but I'm sure there are others who would switch to smart phones if they could ease into the data plans.

You think all the carriers would notice the surge in subscriptions with the iPad that AT&T has benefited from - with a large portion of subscribers probably keeping their sub going once started!

EDIT: Either way, Apple wins and wins big. The real looser isn't going to be AT&T but Android!
  • Reply 30 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

No kidding. I see little incentive to switch, although interestingly Verizon offers slightly better tethering.

If AT&T was smart they would offer a lower tier data plan mainly for use with the 3GS - but I'm sure there are others who would switch to smart phones if they could ease into the data plans.

What AT&T really needs to do is lower their voice plans, not the data plans. The data plans are reasonably charged, the voice plans are not. Have you guys noticed that at one time, $20 a month plans were standard, while $40 a month was considered expensive? And now they force you to buy a minimum $40 a month plan. They need to lower it to $30 a month with maybe 150-200 minutes to lure in the crowd that doesn't care about using their phone all that much. I'm betting a boatload of people will start switching from T-Mobile and Sprint if that were to happen!
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bartfat View Post

What AT&T really needs to do is lower their voice plans, not the data plans. The data plans are reasonably charged, the voice plans are not. Have you guys noticed that at one time, $20 a month plans were standard, while $40 a month was considered expensive? And now they force you to buy a minimum $40 a month plan. They need to lower it to $30 a month with maybe 150-200 minutes to lure in the crowd that doesn't care about using their phone all that much. I'm betting a boatload of people will start switching from T-Mobile and Sprint if that were to happen!

I agree. Many people (including on these forums) have made it clear that their Sprint or T-Mobile choice was influenced because of plan prices. I am not so sure they will be any more willing to move to Verizon than there were to ATT.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    aluopaluop Posts: 57member
    Quote:

It will, however, be slower than the best spots on AT&T's existing network, which can provide real world data downloads at speeds of 3.5 to 5 Mbps.

3.5Mbps to 5Mbps is the best?

That's only considered "good" on my T-Mobile.

I constantly get around 5.5Mbps to 6.5Mbps on the several best spots I've identified so far. My phone is not even an HSPA+ phone.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    eehdeehd Posts: 137member
    Quote:

After I moved out of NYC, I have really good service for my iPhone. I have to go in there from time to time for work meetings, but I hope once a bunch of people jump ship to Verizon and ruin its network, my service will go from really good to excellent....or from sucky to really good in NYC.