What Sharon should do RIGHT NOW

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Forget about the past. Sharon has an historic opportunity here:

Do not respond with force this time (for the pool hall attack). Instead, issue a statement via every medium, that essentially says "the people of Israel will exercise restraint in this case and not respond militarily"......"we will take the first step towards peace"

This would draw worldwide support. And, if attacked again, Israel will be EVEN MORE justified in killing or exiling Arafat....and using overwhelming military force.

What do you think?

[ 05-09-2002: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 56
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Yeah, sure...that's the real way...MY opinion?

Blow the mother****in' Hammas assholez off the map, including any arsehole with a pipebomb or fashionable C4 belt buckle.
  • Reply 2 of 56
    He should RESIGN and do both the Jewish, Palestinian, and rest of the Middle East a big huge FAVOR.By that I mean get out of politics altogether and for good. The world doesn't need him. Ever since that war-criminal was elected, the whole region has descended into chaos. He has no more pretence at decency or humanity, and no more moral justice to his actions and policies than Arafat, Hamas or bin Laden has to theirs: all these scumbags have huge amounts of blood on their hands. Palestinian blood = Israeli blood = American blood. Any group that suffers at the hands of warmongers and terrorists are no less special thsn any other group. Just because Sharon gets invited to the White House doesn't stop him from being a terrorist. Don't forget, Israel has an arsenal of 350+ nuclear weapons and any talk of "pushing Israel into the sea" is so much baloney. Israel could annihilate the entire Arab world at a stroke if it was pushed hard enough.

Of course it is so completely politically incorrect to castigate anything Israeli or Jewish on account of the horrendous events of the past, so flame on.

[ 05-09-2002: Message edited by: Samantha Joanne Ollendale ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 56
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    SJO, I have only one comment. It has not been ever since Sharon was elected that the region descended into chaos. Is it because the region was descending into chaos that Sharon was elected. And because of him the suicide bombings, although unstopped, have been severly limited in thier frequency. I am not going to argue with success. However, there needs to be a next step now. SDW2001 has a good possibility, but I do not believe it will work. I am not sure what the solution is, but Sharon resigning is not it. Israel needs stability in its leadership (read, no change for now), not turmoil and turnover.
  • Reply 4 of 56
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    If Sharon were to turn into Gandhi tomorrow he would have a new fan.
  • Reply 5 of 56
    scott_h_phdscott_h_phd Posts: 448member
    [quote]Originally posted by SDW2001:

<strong>Forget about the past. Sharon has an historic opportunity here:

Do not respond with force this time (for the pool hall attack). Instead, issue a statement via every medium, that essentially says "the people of Israel will exercise restraint in this case and not respond militarily"......"we will take the first step towards peace"

This would draw worldwide support. And, if attacked again, Israel will be EVEN MORE justified in killing or exiling Arafat....and using overwhelming military force.

What do you think?

[ 05-09-2002: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

SDW2001's plan for more dead jews.
  • Reply 6 of 56
    tristantristan Posts: 79member
    [quote]Originally posted by Artman @_@:

<strong>Yeah, sure...that's the real way...MY opinion?

Blow the mother****in' Hammas assholez off the map, including any arsehole with a pipebomb or fashionable C4 belt buckle.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Instead, I think Sharon and Arifat should fight in celebrity boxing and whoever wins claims all the land.

• Reply 7 of 56
    thttht Posts: 5,443member
    Didn't they do this during early April. They didn't retaliate for a couple of bombings during the negotiations with Zinni. It'll be a lot of pain, but not responding for a few months or a year and offering viable solutions would make a better case for him, istead of holding back retaliation for a couple of bombings.

Also, my addendum to the policy would be a change in dress code for all people who are on Israeli land. He should mandate that all people who are on Israeli land must wear skin tight clothing. Bikinis, speedos, thongs, spandex, and such. Hell, naked even. Also if possible, he should mandate that they must look like Natilie Portman as well, even the men.
  • Reply 8 of 56
    Hey SDW2001. How about you tell us what Arafat should do. He's the one doing the bombings.
  • Reply 9 of 56
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    The connection between Arafat and his bombers is a lot murkier than the connection between Sharon and his bombers.
  • Reply 10 of 56
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by scott_h_phd:

<strong>Hey SDW2001. How about you tell us what Arafat should do. He's the one doing the bombings.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't know. The whole thing is a ****ing mess. I know we have to agree on that.

What is your solution?

• Reply 11 of 56

<strong>

You are such an ass. i agree Arafat is useless, but Sharon is partly to blame. His eye for an eye approach isn't working.</strong><hr></blockquote>

But doesn't the Old Testament call for an "eye for an eye"? So in essence, he is doing what his religion tells him and his people to do. Therefore it will never stop until the Palestinians cease the bombings. I know this is wrong but its true. Unless the religous doctorines of the Palestinians calls for the same "eye for an eye" type response to your enemy (ignorant on the subject). Then they will not stop either. It doesn't matter who started it and at what point, but it does matter that if this is the beliefs of both people/s then it is a never ending cycle of killing and it will never end. Am I wrong? Not trying to stir anything up but this is how I see it.
  • Reply 12 of 56

<strong>

You are such an ass. i agree Arafat is useless, but Sharon is partly to blame. His eye for an eye approach isn't working.</strong><hr></blockquote>

But doesn't the Old Testament call for an "eye for an eye"? So in essence, he is doing what his religion tells him and his people to do. Therefore it will never stop until the Palestinians cease the bombings. I know this is wrong but its true. Unless the religous doctorines of the Palestinians calls for the same "eye for an eye" type response to your enemy (ignorant on the subject). Then they will not stop either. It doesn't matter who started it and at what point, but it does matter that if this is the beliefs of both people/s then it is a never ending cycle of killing and it will never end. Am I wrong? Not trying to stir anything up but this is how I see it.
  • Reply 13 of 56
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    This goes byond religious beliefs and an eye for an eye. This is ingrained hatred and mistrust that has built over centuries.

But, both sides likely follow the eye for an eye motto.
  • Reply 14 of 56

<strong>

I don't know. The whole thing is a ****ing mess. I know we have to agree on that.

What is your solution?

[ 05-09-2002: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Mine? The arab/mulsim world enters the 21st century and acts like civilized people for the first time in 500 years. Simple.
  • Reply 15 of 56

<strong>

What is your solution?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Also...

You seem to know so well what Israel should do but have not one thing to say to Arafat. Blame the Jews only huh?
  • Reply 16 of 56
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    instead of sitting on their laurels? (dubious claims of inventing modern mathematics)... err, but I digress...
  • Reply 17 of 56
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    1) No, it isn't Israel's fault. But, Sharon's actions have contributed.

2) Your posts never contain any actual solutions. The bit about the arab world needing to join the rest of the world for the first time in 500 years may be accurate, but how do we accomplish that?

I'm serious, what is YOUR idea?

• Reply 18 of 56
    What people fail to realize is that this is the epicenter of a clash of civilizations.

Civilization A promotes tolerance, personal freedoms, and democracy.

Civilization B promotes religious intolerance, inhumane repression of women, and breeds theocratic dictatorships.

Don't tell me that this isn't a clash of civilizations. If civ B wants to ever be respected, they need to leave the dated barbarism behind and join the rest of the world in the 21st century.
  • Reply 19 of 56
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    [quote]Originally posted by Samantha Joanne Ollendale:

<strong>He should RESIGN and do both the Jewish, Palestinian, and rest of the Middle East a big huge FAVOR.By that I mean get out of politics altogether and for good. The world doesn't need him. Ever since that war-criminal was elected, the whole region has descended into chaos. He has no more pretence at decency or humanity, and no more moral justice to his actions and policies than Arafat, Hamas or bin Laden has to theirs: all these scumbags have huge amounts of blood on their hands. Palestinian blood = Israeli blood = American blood. Any group that suffers at the hands of warmongers and terrorists are no less special thsn any other group. Just because Sharon gets invited to the White House doesn't stop him from being a terrorist. Don't forget, Israel has an arsenal of 350+ nuclear weapons and any talk of "pushing Israel into the sea" is so much baloney. Israel could annihilate the entire Arab world at a stroke if it was pushed hard enough.

Of course it is so completely politically incorrect to castigate anything Israeli or Jewish on account of the horrendous events of the past, so flame on.

[ 05-09-2002: Message edited by: Samantha Joanne Ollendale ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

He was elected BECAUSE of the renewed violence. it didn't start after he was elected and in fact got worse when he didn't retaliate immediately after the first homicide bomber struck. You're right-whats past is past-get over it.

When the mood for peace increases, when israelis believe again that giving up territory is in their best interests, then a Labor Party politician will be elected. Thats how it works in a Democracy. palestinians have no such choice because to go against Arafat, the real killer with blood on his hands, they would be shot. Such is life as an Arab.............................................. .....
  • Reply 20 of 56
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>If Sharon were to turn into Gandhi tomorrow he would have a new fan.</strong><hr></blockquote>

And a Lot of dead Israelis. Arabs do not respect weakness, only power...............................