In Pages can you reorder the rows in a table?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm creating a song set list in a table Pages (showing song titles and composers, etc), which I want to change the order of the songs and play with the order. Is it possible to grab rows and move them around? Or are you stuck with the order that you created?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    The only way I've found to do this is to create a new, blank column, then select and drag the column you want to move into this location, and delete the original location. The same goes for rows -- but rows can be sorted, so maybe that will do the trick for you. It's in the Inspector.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks. Adding a row above or below definitely helps a lot. I can do that, then copy the text from the two columns into that row, and delete the row they came from. Is that what you meant by click and drag the column (or row?) itself to the new location, or did you mean actually dragging the column (or row) itself? That would be perfect if I could that...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

The only way I've found to do this is to create a new, blank column, then select and drag the column you want to move into this location, and delete the original location. The same goes for rows -- but rows can be sorted, so maybe that will do the trick for you. It's in the Inspector.

• Reply 3 of 3
    You can select the entire row or column and drag it. If you're doing a lot of this, I wonder if you might not be better off putting the data into Numbers, which has much stronger column organization controls.